Author Topic: Advice for beginner.  (Read 22686 times)

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: Advice for beginner.
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2011, 04:16:51 PM »
Can't wait to hear about this one dude...what do you think? Try for forty grams? Let us know!!!
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2011, 05:09:59 PM »
If I eat bark, it wil be a long ordeal.  I am going to gradually eat more bark until my visions start taking over.  I will take maybe 2-4 grams every 30-60 minutes until I am in the iboga dream state.  I am confident that I can take as much as I can to get where I wanna go.  It will be a long, slow ramp up, so I imagine this excursion will take at least a good 3 days...  I haven't set a date and a time yet, but I can feel it approaching..  I ate 4 grams of bark this morning, and I feel pretty ibogafied!
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2011, 11:48:09 AM »
Im really glad i came here before i bought anything.
Reset.Nu telling me to use tincture and affirmations, and IW saying 5 grammes of TA - that from the looks of it is enough to blow someones head and feet off.
Seems like somewhere in-between is the right approach to start with.

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2011, 04:33:58 PM »
To be fair, Sara is involved with iboga world, and has been trsating people for decades, and while Maurice is a great guy form what I understand, I don't think he is qualified to give treatment information.  I may be mistaken.  Or maybe you spoke to someone else at reset.nu, not sure.  I would generally follow the recommendation from Iboga World, but if you are worried just take it slow and take more as needed til you reach the dose you need..
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2011, 09:59:51 PM »
All this depends on what you want to get from an experience CL - what to dose, how to dose etc....I haven't re read this thread but are you using iboga for addiction or other things? Maurice and Sara are probably both right if you didn't specify what you want to use it for. For non addiction issues, a tincture and affirmations may go a long way, but if breaking say a long term opiate habit - you need to flood (IMO)

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2011, 05:59:54 AM »
I wasnt slagging anyone off, not in the slightest. Both were very very friendly, and took the time to write detailed replys. As i was new to iboga i was just suprised in how different their approaches were - which kinda made me nervous. Which is why im glad i came on here and got more opinions from you guys.

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2011, 12:35:13 PM »
Gotcha - have you settled on any particulars yet? You can always shoot for some middle ground to get yourself exposed to the material, learn a little about it, feel safe with it etc. Keep us posted!

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2011, 07:40:21 AM »
Hey Calaquendi,

Yes im thinking of around 15G of capsulated bark. Was gonna go for 20, but after that recent trip report - thats really opened my eyes. (Pandora's trip report).
I brokedown 3 years ago (boring story lol) and had to sacrifice my friends, house, car, bike, some family, belongings to deal with some terrible shit i experienced for years as a child.
This week has been ground-breaking. Ive met a friend in person (from what i call my 'previous life') for the first time since my breakdown, and im even re-connecting on Facebook after years of isolation. Hes happy to sit for me - or is certainly coming round to the idea.
Its all pointing towards me being able to have my healing experience on Iboga.
And i have someone (with alot of Iboga/ayahuasca experience) who i could experience ayahuasca with - maybe within next month.
Still toying with that idea, especially after ive read a few experience dudes saying that Iboga is the more careful plant.

CL.

Offline e man

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2011, 10:34:54 AM »
Hey CL,

nice post. I would like to try Iboga to understand things about myself aswell.
So i will keep track on this post to see how it effected your life.

I contact IW and they suggested I'll take 3.3g of TA, you choosed to use Root Bark, it is cheaper. but do you have any idea of how much of the root bark i'l need to take? (You first say to take 5g TA then changed to 20g RB, is it about the same dosage?)

I hope my question is clear :)

Thanks, E.

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2011, 04:18:45 AM »
Hey E-Man,

Im going to use root bark because its so much cheaper,  :).  15-20g seems to be a flood dosage for an average sized person, altho im sure some guys on here would take twice that.
20G of root bark is approx 1G of alkaolid for a 5% strength bark, yet i was going to take 5G of T.A. powder - thats a good question. How does that stack up?! lol.

Yet im sure i have my figures right.
 :-\

Offline e man

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2011, 06:04:27 AM »
I'v been told i need 3.3g TA, this should have 30%-60% so its 1g-2g, eemmm, it seems 20g RB should be ok for me. But how do you know RB has 5%?

And i have one more question, what does fload mean? Is it for addicts? Or is it the amount you need to have full effects of the past visions?

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2011, 06:12:07 AM »
Hi E-Man,

I know when i looked at the bark at reset.NU it shows the approx alkaloid content. (approx). I reckon your safe to assume its 5% unless it says so.
As you know im an Iboga Noob, lol - so the 2nd question is just from what ive read - I think its probably both, that the flood is like a breakthrough (like a total ego defense mechamism breakdown) so works at that physcological level - hence why i need it! And it also serves at a chemical level aswell, to re-balance, for people addicted to substances. 

Offline e man

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2011, 07:54:24 AM »
Well, i guess i want to get floaded aswell then :)

I do hope that someone can answer my questions tho, because I just checked Shamanic site and the quantities confused me again.

They sell 2g RB for 30$ and RB powder of 25g for 29$ and inside that they say:

"Native cults use 2 or 3 grams for women and 3 to 5 for men. Take a maximum of 5 grams for a psychedelic effect. In the Bwiti cult the drug is taken in 2 ways: regularly in small doses before and in the early part of their ceremonies, followed after midnight by a smaller dose; and once or twice during the initiation to the cult in excessive doses of 1 to 3 basketfulls over an 8 to 24 hour period. This to “break open the head”, thus inducing contact with the ancestors through collapse and hallucination. "

So many items from that iboga tree, is there anyone that can say what would be the cheapest way to "break open the head"?  ???

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2011, 10:21:20 AM »

You got to be careful and read the fine print so to speak.  It gets confusing, there is root bark which is often ground to a fine powder.  Then there is root powder see not root bark but root powder which is useless, of course they do not mention that.

Most people like Ibogaworld . com.  There must be a reason why so many people like Ibogaworld.  I was satisfied and was everyone else from what I hear, why gamble, go with IbogaWorld.

Just my opinion,

Roy

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2011, 11:11:09 AM »
If you are in a legal country, cerberusextract.com has a pretty good deal on bark.  Iboga World is reliable, and while SE's bark is apparently pretty good, it's also the most expensive of anywhere..
GratefulDad