Author Topic: 30g Iboga root bark  (Read 3243 times)

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
30g Iboga root bark
« on: February 23, 2010, 11:50:00 AM »
Greetings my friends...wanted to share an experience with you guys:

Last Tuesday -Feb 16- I planned to do a flood sized dose of iboga, this time consuming the raw root bark. This I did, and a few sketchy notes were taken, that's all. In retrospect it would have been more prudent to make an extract, because I couldn't keep it down long enough to fully saturate my system with all of it. But I sure as hell tried. I am not disappointed, it was an experience nevertheless and I have wanted to try consuming the raw RB for some time. I was going to wait until the springtime but certain things came together and I was afforded an opportunity. I never quite understood what Nobu meant by the "blank" state following ingestion of iboga alks but I think I have a good idea now...it has taken me this long to even jot this down. I am feeling good today, though this event was by far not the colossal epic flood I had expected, I am grateful for the chance to have tried it this way.

Prepared 30g T.iboga rootbark - ground into powder and mixed in honey. The resultant 'muck' was a good half of a cereal bowl full...delicious.

2:55p - took 1/3 of the muck. Plug my nose, drop a slimy wad of muck in, chase with water...not as shitty tasting as cactus, but then what is?

I was feeling it within forty minutes

4:00p- took another third. This I felt almost instantly, to my surprise. Pulsing body, tinnitus, slight visual distortion, emotionally sensitive

By 4:30 I had a strong, strong purge. It was actually quite glorious...one of the things I was hoping to get from eating it raw like this was a mega-purge. Only thing was, it didn't stay in long enough to reap the full benefits. If I would have had more bark to throw on top after puking I would have, but then this could have become dangerous, as I had no idea of measuring the amount of alks I had already absorbed.

4:50p- as soon as I could I took the rest, but this time the stuff came right out ten minutes later...bam

5:10- went to lay down after vomiting again, my friend achtwan was looking after me.

6:00p-purged again- three times in all, very liberating I must say. After this I was no longer feeling nauseous at all and I remained comfortable for the duration of the experience, which was unexpectedly short. Although looking back I can see it obviously wasn't kept down as long as I hoped for. Doubtless this had everything to do with the outcome...

at 7:30p I was up to urinate and my notes read, "it's all over me" I lay back down ready for the visionary phase to begin.

Four hours of threshold on the verge of visions but never achieving full on 'flood'

by midnight it was apparent that it had plateaued and actually began to abate.

I lay there comfortably for a while then got restless and got up to smoke a bowl...I actually slept for about three hours in the early AM

So this is the thin summary of the event as it happened to me. The days following were actually the stronger part of the entire ordeal. It felt like coming back down from a full flood dose even though the experience proper was less than I expected. Insomnia was really heavy for about five days, I had hoped to have more benzos on hand...I had only a few and they really help during those times. I felt both exhilarated and exhausted not to mention generally scatterbrained. I encountered the 'blank' state I have heard of but never felt before-not to this degree. It confused me, feeling empty like that, as one of the main reasons I took this was for my chronic depression, I was afraid I maybe didn't get what I hoped for-or worse-exacerbated existing problems. Though rare I know iboga can sometimes cause or contribute to serious depression afterward. As of this writing it's been one week and I feel pretty good. It was a very valuable experience and I am glad to have taken it. Now I am back inside - exercise is paramount- but I look for reasons to blow it off and the weather is shitty so I have every excuse NOT to walk outdoors, etc...All of this is a process and I must remind myself to ease up on myself - not falling back into old patterns of beating up on myself for mistakes I have made in the past etc. These are traps, these feelings. What's done is done, and over. The future calls...I will continue with my personal work in whatever capacity I can, and I will also keep doing research and bioassay with various iboga extractions throughout the year. I have lots to do and while I still feel unorganized and a bit jumbled, I look forward to doing these things. Thanks for lending an ear!

" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline achtwan

• View Profile
Re: 30g Iboga root bark
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 12:28:50 PM »
say word son!
keep on keepin on.
raise your fears and cast them all away...

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 12:40:53 PM »
I certainly will - thanks for all your help brother!
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 03:42:27 PM »
Way to go Cal !!
i am glad to hear you are well.
Thanks for your notes .
i enjoyed them very much !
we got a good thing here.!
god bless you all.
- hp

Nganga Nobunoni

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 01:24:21 PM »
Nice one brother' that is Iboga :)))

It is easier to just tip big spoonfuls of powdered Iboga in your mouth and swill it down with a gulp of water' just keep doing this until you purge' take 6 hours to get it all down'

12 grams gell capped and eaten all at once is an awesome experience'

Great to see you working your healing brother'

Power to your reflection'

Bliss!

Nobu +

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 04:44:01 PM »
brothermine!!

thank you so for taking the time to write and having the heart to share. You are one of my heroes, to be sure.

Love from the best coast,
T