Author Topic: Hi Everyone!  (Read 3550 times)

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
Hi Everyone!
« on: September 15, 2009, 12:55:16 PM »
Happy to be here!

I became interested in Iboga many years ago when I read an article in a popular magazine. At that time it was said that Eric Taub's Iboga treatments were being given in a boat off the coast of Florida. Can you imagine being in a boat, rocking around and being on Ibo? lol
Now, some 17? years later, I am finally 'initiated'. Still working out the right term to mean "I took me some Iboga". ;)

I have a poly drug ab/use history, but the ones that stuck were the legal ones. Alcohol and nicotine.
Alcohol has cost me much, including a DUI, and the inability to drink even one drink without ending up in a full blackout. Nicotine, well, that's only a $5 a day habit, but in the 25 years I've been smoking, it's cost a lot. Both in money and in health. I'm happy to say I no longer drink, and am working on not getting sucked back into smoking. Cigars tantalize me, though. And taste good.

I am working with some folk to see what we might be able to do, together, to further the Iboga cause. I think there is great benefit for people with addictions, certainly, and I also think that there is tremendous benefit for those who are 'merely' depressed, suffering from PTSD, OCD, bi-polar, etc. Perhaps even psychosis. Also, the health benefits side of Iboga is not discussed enough, in my opinion. I have read the Bwitists know this medicine cures many physical ailments. Finally, this good, good root should not be so cost prohibitive that it is unavailable to those who desperately need it. That's fer damn sure. This is my passion and my path. ;)

Peace and shenanigans,
Tia

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hi Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 04:08:42 PM »
Thanks for being here Tia!

Love your enthusiasm   ;D
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 01:32:36 PM »
Duuuude, 50 people online yesterday. Hi people! Say something! ;)
I like to think of this place as friendly, open minded, and egalitarian. There are no gods or cliques, from what I've seen, and no topic is taboo.

Welcome!

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 11:26:28 PM »
Also, the health benefits side of Iboga is not discussed enough, in my opinion. I have read the Bwitists know this medicine cures many physical ailments.

Where did you read about Eboka healing practices?  ~e

PS  --  My first time using the quote function.  K00L, huh?  I so proud of meself.  ~e

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 01:53:37 PM »
Heya E, nice use of quote function. ;) I haven't mastered that one yet.

I've read at least a couple hundred hours worth of info on Iboga. I can't place where the bulk of the info is, there have been snippets in many places. I finally made it through "The Ibogaine Story, Reports on the Staten Island Project". There was some info in there. Also, a documentary on youtube in 6? parts has a lady being healed of an ailment, if I remember correctly. A book called "Iboga, Visionary Root..." also has some info. Wish I could invite you into my head, at least the library portion (wouldn't want to scare you).

Talk soon,
me

fallout330

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 02:03:13 PM »
Yeah Tia, Iboga-The Visionary Root of African Shamanism is a fairly good book.  Good info on Iboga, although focused more on the Bwiti cultural use of Iboga. 

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 08:40:59 AM »
Friend Fallout,

Does The Visionary Root... talk about the use of Eboka for healing purposes?  Are there any resources that you can recommend that do?   ~et

fallout330

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 12:00:04 PM »
It does in a general sense, Eon, mainly in a Bwiti/cultural setting.  The focus of the book is really to give you a history and a cultural understanding of the the various tribes that use Iboga for ritual and healing use. It does go later into how Iboga effects the brain and uses for addiction and emotional issues. It also includes some legal/political happenings in regards to iboga/ibogaine.  It was translated from French to English I believe, so there may be some rough spots in the writing, but otherwise a good read. A good beginner/novice Ibo book.

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 04:02:54 AM »
hi tia ,
i agree with you completely on the possible benefits of ibogaine usage in treating many mental disorders/problems.
i wish you the best on your journey as i am walking my best friend and monkey through his quest for ibogaine also.
i hope you find what you are seeking and see it happen.

resectfully - harveyplex