Author Topic: music i love  (Read 24039 times)

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
Re: music i love
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2012, 01:03:13 PM »
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 01:16:13 PM by crazylife »

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2012, 02:59:20 PM »
Weird....I can appreciate that.
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline rOm

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2012, 03:01:00 AM »
Reclaim your Brain, Feed your Head.
Awaken the Heart, To the Core.

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2012, 09:50:47 AM »

Damn these young wippersnappers, going to raves, using drugs, smoking this and smoking that.  Well I'll tell you - no one has mentioned the Rolling Rocks, with Rick Jagger and Keith something and them guys, yeah the Greatest rock and roll band of all time.  What's wrong with Rod Stewart, The Jefferson Airplane, The Doors (caution: do not listen to The Doors while on acid - that's what started the Manson thing back in '69), The Eagles and them guys?

Disco was a communist plot because American were having too much fun with rock and roll.  Damn kids today would know the difference between rock and roll and Rock and Rye which is a soda pop.  Then they came out with punk rock and rap and hip hop and all that stuff, no wonder there are shootings and the crime rate is soaring.  No wonder one third of the people are overweight and diabetes is soaring.  We didn't have those problems in the 60s because when were were young we had good old rock and roll.  Yeah, thke those old records off the shelf, I'll sit here and listen by myself, give me that old time rock and roll.  Back in the days where you could see Elton John for $5 at the Eastown Theater in the once Great city of Detroit.

That's ok, I try and think positive and there is hope for your generation, just don't bet on it.

Roy

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2012, 01:51:38 PM »
Come on now Roy, times be a changin' and not everybody shares the same tastes in music.  I myself happen to love most of the bands that you mention and I am originally from the metro Detroit area.  I grew up on Bob Seger, The Eagles, Neil Young and so many more since this is what my parents listened to.  Throughout the years I have learned to appreciate many genres including hip hop, alternative, techno/trance and just about everything but country.  I have tried with the country, but just can't do it.  For me the flavor of the day is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdiABALvPxc

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2012, 07:44:39 AM »
Im 37 now, and between the ages of 13-18'ish me and my two closest mates always used to listen to Floyd, Doors, Jean Michelle Jar and stuff like that.
Nowadays im not so bothered. Im sure theres young'uns doing the same thing nowadays.  :)

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2012, 09:27:31 AM »

Hi Light,

I'm one of the guys who can't get out of the 60s.  I got out of HS in 69 and the sixties lasted all the way to the 70s and then it seems the crack and shootings started in the 80s.  See, the 60s were like the roaring 20s only instead of booze we had much better things, yeah I see ya smiling, you know what I mean.  In the 60s I had a car and got around and gas was twenty-five cents a gallon and you could fix cars yourself.  Yeah, the heroin was good and I was a sick puppy too. 

Guess you could say they were the best of times and the worst of times.  People were marching to end the Vietnam war, minorities wanted equal rights and women wanted equal pay for equal work and they thought burning their bra would help, there were marches to Washington, a guy called Agnew and a guy called Nixon and another guy called Johnson and another guy called Carter didn't know hot to end a war or run the economy.  Basically nothing has changed politicians are all the same. 

Yeah, I know your not suppose to like your dads or grandads music.  Most people, every generation, has their own music and lingo.  Can ya dig it Daddy O??  If not talk to your people and see if ya can find some good acid for good acid is... well ..... like the cats pajamas.  BTW what's a nice guy like you doing on a forum like this??  Ok, that came from a Bogart movie, I tried that line talking to some chicks in a bar once.  I thought it was an old pic and they would not have seen it but I think they did for I could tell by the look on their face they heard that line before.

Oh talking about music and bass which is not to be confused a fish call Bass.  And no one mentioned the Sax, damn kids today want to see guys smash their guitars and crazy stuff.  Now Lady Gaga and Beyonce I don't know much about their music, and I do respect her butt I love to watch them strut.

Bee Coo,

Roy

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2012, 10:41:35 PM »

Offline Thelonous

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2012, 11:30:41 PM »
Hm, so no love to Nightwish or any other Symphonic Metal?  Hard to pick a favorite by them, but can be really cool under the right state of mind.   Besides that, noticed someone mentioned Pink Floyd, a close second.   

Also noted the comment by GratefulDad about Phish....  Interesting to finally meet a deadhead.  I have known a phish head (if that term can be given without offending) for about a year and he convinced me to despise it by playing every single time he had a free moment around me.  Not to say that it pushed me towards Grateful Dead, but really cannot appreciate Phish at all any more. 

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2012, 01:02:58 AM »
My pain is self-chosen
At least I believe it to be
I could either drown
Or pull off my skin and swim to shore
Now I can grow a beautiful shell for all to see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r50rBwrpdhQ&feature=related

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2012, 04:51:24 PM »
Good stuff there, I love Mad Season.
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2012, 06:45:48 PM »
That song is said to have been inspired by Khalil Gibran's The Prophet, which Staley happened to be reading at the time.  It makes perfect sense given the lyrics. 

This is worth a read if you haven't already:

http://www.katsandogz.com/gibran.html