Author Topic: benzo (valium) + heroin addiction  (Read 3674 times)

Offline tryl

• Banzi
    • View Profile
benzo (valium) + heroin addiction
« on: January 12, 2011, 03:11:15 AM »
does iboga help much with GABA related disturbances?

how should one go about that?

does ketamine do a better job when it comes to benzos?

or is the safest way to taper down?

or substitute with a GABAb agonist?

any ideas, suggestions, tales of experience?
"Saying is inventing. Wrong, very rightly wrong. You invent nothing, you think you are inventing, you think you are escaping, and all you do is stammer out your lesson, the remnants of a pensum one day got by heart and long forgotten, life without tears, as it is wept." –Molloy

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: benzo (valium) + heroin addiction
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 10:17:51 PM »
Benzo addiction is very tricky. Withdrawal can kill you. I am not certain how one would go about treating this with iboga/ibogaine but this is indeed a good and important question. Titrating down slowly is the only way I know to avoid seizure and other real problems. Of course it all depends on the severity of the addiction, the doses, etc...

Maybe drugs like Neurontin (Gabapentin) would help with that, post-session...but this is only a guess. One member has done a treatment for GHB, and that was a hairy one from what I understand. I know very little about the GABA functioning and would like to learn more about this myself. Good question man, thanks for opening this up.
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline tryl

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 05:26:43 AM »
i know about GABA disturbances first hand, have been through several GHB withdrawals, mild alcohol w/d...

GABAb agonist completely block alcohol and GHB withdrawal, baclofen in particular is very useful.

but i am unsure as to weather the same will work for benzos.

key is to keep seizures at bay, maybe baclo+K, before the ibo.

not sure, and cant afford to play with fire..
"Saying is inventing. Wrong, very rightly wrong. You invent nothing, you think you are inventing, you think you are escaping, and all you do is stammer out your lesson, the remnants of a pensum one day got by heart and long forgotten, life without tears, as it is wept." –Molloy

Offline tryl

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 11:03:31 AM »
One member has done a treatment for GHB, and that was a hairy one from what I understand. I know very little about the GABA functioning and would like to learn more about this myself. Good question man, thanks for opening this up.

the way to go about GHB addiction is either sweat it for a few days and then go on to iboga, or baclofen (or any other such GABAb analogue) to block the withdrawal, and then proceed.

severe GHB withdrawal is some soulless paranoia and excitotoxicity. put ibogaine on top and yeah... i can only imagine it being.. heh, hairy.

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 02:47:13 PM »

Hi Tyrl,

go on to iboga, or baclofen (or any other such GABAb analogue)

Would you happen to know if Neurontin is a GABAb analogue?

Thanks,

Roy

Offline sassyfras

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 01:57:11 AM »
Tyrl, what dosage & frequency of dosing of Baclofen would be used to block alcohol/GHB withdrawal?

Offline tryl

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 03:45:53 AM »
Tyrl, what dosage & frequency of dosing of Baclofen would be used to block alcohol/GHB withdrawal?

80 to 150mg.

it's a very safe drug, no fatalities recorded, there is a case of someone having taking 2gr of it, he just slept for 3 days.

and no, neurotonin is a GABA analogue, i believe it has more of an affinity for the GABAa.

ketamine is another powerful tool when it comes to GABA reception related problems.