Author Topic: Papa Underground, each one teach one.  (Read 3922 times)

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
Papa Underground, each one teach one.
« on: March 04, 2010, 03:44:33 PM »
So, E.T. was primarily instrumental in starting the NY providers underground  about 6-8 years ago. Now it's time to spread it further.  I recently learned there are only six underground providers in
the USA. DUDE! WTF?
I had thought there were hundreds, seriously. E. is slowly planning a trip to major US cities, to talk to ibonauts about being providers. I guess it's looking like end of summer, and i sure don't have all the details, but talk to me if you are curious-interested. Did you know there are only 6 female providers in the frikkin world? That one cracked my head. I hate feeling special, lol, was thinking im one of just so many in the US. This is also my open invitation and request. invitation for any of y'all to come assist in a tx im doing, and a request to be invited to the same. It makes a huge difference to work other than solitary. Each one, teach one. Let's make it more than six!! I know i was called to do this work long before i ate iboga, maybe you feel just the same. I am working on IbogaWest, but i don't know what it is yet, lol. Whaddya think?

Edited to take out a name not my own.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 01:24:55 AM by Tia Serendipia »

Offline sister

• Banzi
    • View Profile
Re: Papa Underground, each one teach one.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 05:49:33 PM »
I am very interested in being a provider....  I would love to be involved in a few different types.. being a opiate addict, I think I understand this one...  I dont get how it helps or even does help with benzo habit???

Being on the east coast.... if anyone is willing to take me under thier wing... I am willing.

Once I feel more comfortable...would be willing to lend a hand.
life is a bowl of fruit, once clean

fallout330

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 09:55:31 AM »
Eric Taub was actually passing though here back in 2007 to set up the Dream House down in Nayarit MX, and I had a chance to experience Ibo with him, but unfortunately I didn't have my wife's support at the time, so I had to pass this experience by.  Great to hear about your ambitions!

Peace

Nganga Nobunoni +

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 12:48:15 PM »
Awesome stuff' love to hear it'
Power to you all Ibonauts becoming treatment providers' 6 is no where near enough for anywhere'

Bliss!

Nobu +

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 03:28:41 PM »
I'm shocked and befuddled...six? SIX??  ???

That just doesn't seem accurate...I mean I trust him implicitly - he's the person who introduced me and achtwan to this medicine, but it still seems way off the mark...I had always thought there were many, many people doing this work in the States. Learn something new everyday.

I suppose there are those out there who do their own work kinda like I did - lacking the money to go to a clinic, etc. But I have years of experience working with entheogens and other plants. To be a provider would be a risk I think many have been leery of taking. Hopefully we can change this up. This work is too damned important to be stifled. I have long held the belief of our sovereignty as human beings, despite what the law says, but there are those of us with families and much to risk. I'd like to explore this further...

This is an interesting topic - please PM one another or contact off site with specifics. I'm more than willing to do what I can to get this work the attention it deserves but we should all take care to make sure everyone feels comfortable at this forum. Thanks, you guys are my heroes!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 03:36:46 PM by calaquendi »
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 03:53:53 PM »
^^Please don't mistake me^^

I want us to talk about these things here - as much as you'd like to and are able, just when it comes to specific actions:(your own) names, dates all that jazz - we should have discretion. I know you guys are all about that but for the record I had to put it out there. This entire 'movement' is gaining momentum - this is as it should be. When there's too many of us to fuck with then we'll win. God bless you all!

Let's do this...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 03:22:17 PM by calaquendi »

Offline mzlynnem

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 09:33:22 PM »
From what he told me recently, that reflects the number of female providers (of course there are quite possibly more- I'm just assuming he's referring those who are known to be of good repute, knowledgable & well-trained, etc). My greatest hope is to add to this number myself one day soon... I pray every day for guidance, humility, and wisdom to discern and accept where I personally end up fitting into the world of ibo. If, that is.

So I have guess at some possible reasons for there being more male than female providers... But I'd like to hear what the rest of you think (or know). Thanks;)
:? 
"A person can grow only as much as his horizon allows."

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 12:11:20 PM »
I'd like to know, too, why so few women. This is one Q I honestly don't even have a 'feeling' about. So, six F providers in the world (outside of Gabon, Cameroon, etc). Dayam.

For underground, I think we might be at like, 8, now. Still serious as a heart attack.

M, why do you think re dearth of females?

peace,
T

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 10:55:09 AM »
My first provider was a woman, and she did an excellent job.  Still does.. 
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 03:39:16 PM »
Could the imbalance of male/female providers possibly reflect 'ratios' of the people who needed the treatment in the first place?

I know that for me, in the crowds I have hung around, there was always a discrepancy in the in the numbers of guys and gals who used, and in the way they used...
There have always been more guys in to tripping in the groups I have spent time with. If I were to hazard a guess I'd say two thirds of the guys actively used psychedelics where the ladies were less ambitious about blowing their minds: probably just a case of 'dumb male' here. Women (IME) were far less likely to risk a 'freakout' or to be as clumsy (you could say intrepid if you want to be nice) as the men - even in the rave scene there was some difference - always seemed to be more guys in general that were in to drugs.

Also in my junkie dealings there's been this same inconsistency and it was the same at the methadone clinic I went to...probably more like a 60-40 split at the clinic, but I believe the increased number of females there corresponded to the fact that there were many young mothers and pregnant ladies there - so, again guestimating- even in the junkie world there seemed less females, and the ones who were actively using, it seemed many of them were trying to be as responsible as they could about it (i.e. methadone clinic instead of IV heroin)

Certainly there are those women 'out there' who are just as crazy and intense and careless as us guys, but I think this may be at least a part of the answer to this mystery. It seems programmed in to males to be dense and dangerous sometimes - I'm not knocking us here - but I sense that maybe there has been a greater number of guys just looking for - and finding this medicine - because they may make up a larger percentage of hardcore drug abusers? I don't know for sure - but this is what I have seen personally. It has long made an impression on me, I have noticed the difference in our numbers before and wondered at it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 03:44:02 PM by calaquendi »