Author Topic: I gots me them ibogaine blues  (Read 2689 times)

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
I gots me them ibogaine blues
« on: March 09, 2010, 07:33:17 PM »
Ibogaine Blues:

Well I gots the bo    (dum dum da dum)
Yeah that I-bo-gaine    (dum dum da dum)
Ain't got no sitter     (dum dum da dum)
To hold my hand    (dum dum da dum)

So, what does an adventurous, hard-livin' bluesman do?  Why, a tiny lil' booster-type dose.  Sort of a boosterette, if you will.

Praise God in all Her magnificent glory, I had the good sense to confer with some sensible friends and scaled back to ~500 mg.  In no way should anyone doing a flood-type dose be left alone for at least 24 hours  --  even a hard-headed ornery cuss like me.

[ Advisory Note:  500mg was a substantial dose and produced powerful effects for 18 hours that could cause one to end up stuck head-first in the commode.  Please be careful! ]

On the other hand, if you have an excellent sense of balance from years of T'ai Chi, the strength of an ox, and a head that is hard as a rock, you might just be able to survive a boosterette.   ;D

You can expect more entries from future voyages such as this.  I'm looking at this as training for a flood.  I am also considering that for issues other that addiction interruption, smaller doses might be just as productive.  They could certainly be taken more frequently, peeling a layer off of the onion each time.

Eon

Sunday
12:15PM   Ingested 1.5g TA, estimated to be 30% actives for a dose of ~450mg.

2:00           Something barely felt

2:30            Effects definitely noticeable.  Mild ataxia  --  'sloshing' when I walk, sort of like how water in a container will slosh from side to side when carried.

3:30            No eyes open visual effects, eyes closed seeing human faces up close and also seeing one or two people together full length.  Images akin to what is seen by eyes, able to move eyes to see different parts of the image (something new for me).

Sitting meditation for ~.5 hour, trying to get the hang of working with the visions with eyes closed.  Tried using the ayahuasca 'True Reality' technique to eliminate random visuals w/ little success.  With eyes open, staring fixedly at a point for 3 to 7 breaths, the object would seem to writhe and morph.  Decided to let the eboka do its thing and went to a dark room to lie down.

4:30            Image colors much more vivid and saturated.  Went through a series of bizarre erotic images.  Frequently saw close-ups of faces.  Then the lips would start to move like the person was talking, but were too fast to read and too distorted to be real.  After a little bit, I found the moving mouths (including tongue, teeth, saliva, and lips) uncomfortable and would banish them from my sight, somtimes by force of will, others by simply opening my eyes.  The stream of faces and their moving mouths continued, and a one point I brusquely told the 'person' to "Stop moving your lips!"  To my surprise, her mouth stopped moving.  Another first!

While like other psychedelic substances, images/visions appear out nowhere and fuse and morph, the ibo images were controllable and would follow my directions and commands to move or change.  I could actually move my eyes to see parts outside of my field of vision.  Never experienced anything like it before.  Just for kicks, I summoned Marilyn Monroe to appear.  It took a while, but she finally appeared!

My ability to control and direct the visions was unprecedented.  I think that the calm, low energy (compared to other psychedelic substances, not lacking energy, and not too much) is a big help for doing work.

Saw what must have been the village of the spirits.  There were LOTS of 'people' around, and while I could make out details of their faces, bodies and clothing, their images were sort of faded and indistinct.  There were other 'people' with white faces and jet black hair with lightening/silver mixed in.   They seemed different from the rest and were much more vivid, and there were fewer of them.  Some of the white faced denizens, a minority, had what looked like golden disks stuck to the center of their foreheads.  In the center of those disks were gems of various colors that projected a colored beam like a laser.

I then came across a white faced man with a green gem in the disk on his forehead.  We spoke and I told him that I had come with good intentions in pursuit of knowledge.  I told him that I had come as a friend.  He then opened the door-flap of a tent and welcomed me in.

My time in the 'village of the spirits' was one of lucid dreaming in which I was able to move around and interact with the denizens of my dream and the dream-scape.  My answer to the question of whether this was actually dreaming or something else will have to wait for further investigation and contemplation.  The term 'lucid dreaming' will have to do for now.  What was very interesting was that I passed into and out of that state easily and smoothly.  No fear, no shock, and I was unable to detect the transitions until a while after they had been made.

6:30          Visions beginning to recede, becoming less vivid.  Back to the sensation of watching visions instead of being directly involved with them.

7:00          Not really hungry, but thought something to eat would be good.  (Been drinking liquids all day.)  Had a couple pieces of toast w/ butter.  Yum, tummy feel good!

~9:00        Seemed as though nothing new was happening, got tired of playing with my imaginary friends.  That is, it seemed as though my brain was just throwing random images on a screen.  So, I did some eyes-closed meditation and was able to extinguish the images that kept rising up just as I have been learning to extinguish random thoughts and emotions.  It was an effort, though, and I did not get those periods of 'grace' between the images that are my current goals in meditation.

Next, since I had seen NO eyes-open visual effects, I decided to do some eyes-open meditation.  VERY INTERESTING!  With vision focused upon a point and a quiet mind, images began to appear.  First, they were pastel colored line drawings that gradually got more detailed as I watched until they were 'photo quality', except that these images would change as I wished/commanded.  Right before this I had been reading a book, with absolutely no visual effects.  Please remember, this was after a modest booster-type dose.

Counting my breaths as I stared at various objects, I found that the images would begin to appear after about 3 - 5 breaths.  I never thought to see how many more breaths it took to get the detailed image.  But as effects continued to wear off, the images took longer and longer to appear.  I finally gave up after about an hour when I had taken 9 breaths and no image had begun to form.

I do not know if there is any possible benefit from such an exercise, unless one happened to work in the visual arts field.  But, it did keep me amused for a while...

Monday
12:00 AM   WOW!  Was lying down, maybe dozing a little and got up to get some water.  COLORS flashing everywhere!  I had frequently been up, going from room to room, to the kitchen, to the bathroom the whole time with nothing like this.  The former 'sloshy' ataxia had ebbed, this was a new ataxia (Ataxia II, the Sequel?) that was jerky and accompanied by flashing lights.  Ataxia II was just like the ataxia caused by harmaline, but with a different color scheme.

The whole eboka experience is very similar to the harmalas (from B. caapi AKA ayahuasca).  Now I understand why Lotsof patented harmala treatment for addiction interruption.  He somehow discovered the similarity and figured the harmalas could be used in place of or with ibo.

Since Ataxia II did not appear until some 12 hours after ingestion, I am thinking that it is likely to be caused by a metabolite of ibogaine or one of the other alkaloids in the TA extract.  If the same thing happens with pure ibogaine, the metabolite is probably nor-ibogaine.

This secondary wave of ataxia might also explain why some vomit after their stomach has surely emptied 6 or more hours into the experience.  I will post more on the ataxia phenomena in the 'puke thread' since it will be more likely to do some good there.

4:30       Started dozing off and on.  Still ataxia and colors when going from prone to standing.

6:00       Still getting brilliant colors when arising from bed to get water.

Tuesday
6:30AM   Got flashes arising from bed and barely noticable ataxia.  Much more subdued that previous AM.

Bye, for now...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 11:57:47 PM by Eon T McKnight »

fallout330

Re: I gots me them ibogaine blues
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 11:30:24 PM »
Very interesting experience Eon, thanks for the detail!

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 12:05:28 AM »
Awesome!

Nice breakdown McKnight...

Isn't it incredible how much control exists in these realms? From light dosing to moderate flood there is so much lucidity and almost effortless control...I don't know how it is on the super deep end of a flood experience yet, but I will someday. The flood doses I am familiar with, while very visual, did not approach what I believe is the quintessential iboga-trance: where one is able to walk outside the body for hours and see any time/place... the concourse with ancestors etc. The whole 'breaking open the head' thing. Ohhh someday...

It sounds like you really got a good idea of things, I am so happy for you. Excellent observations man! I agree with the similarities to ayahuasca and other harmines. Particularly in those doses. Those visions you describe so well - they sound powerful and beautiful. Stuff lasts a long time doesn't it? Hehehe...the full alkaloid spectrum is the way to go, especially for psycho-spiritual IMO, and it is because of the 'ease' in generating the visual aspect of the experience. Glorious. Great write up and thank you for sharing!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 12:10:12 AM by calaquendi »
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 12:25:26 AM »
Thanks guys!  I'm glad you found my tale of interest.

I am hoping that the time I have spent journaling my experience will help me to understand it better and retain the images of Ibolandia for a long time to come.

"the quintessential iboga-trance: where one is able to walk outside the body for hours and see any time/place... the concourse with ancestors etc. The whole 'breaking open the head' thing."

Ya know, I was more than a little aprehensive, uh, well, uh, I was scared  --  that if I went there I might not come back.  I don't feel that way now.  Eboka was gentle.  It was peaceful.  I never felt threatened or scared during the entire experience.

Just one question:  If I break my head open, will all the watermelon seeds I swallerd come out?   :P

~et
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 12:28:55 AM by Eon T McKnight »

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 06:07:52 PM »
Just one question:  If I break my head open, will all the watermelon seeds I swallerd come out?  

Gotta ask harveyplex...he's recently had his gulliver split and could probably shed more on it than me.
" I am you and what I see is me..."

taterboard

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 12:13:56 PM »
great read Eon! i think im getting a better understanding of how this medicine works.

:)

keep trippin lol
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 01:04:03 PM by GratefulDad »