Author Topic: DIY electrocardiogram?  (Read 4433 times)

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
DIY electrocardiogram?
« on: March 11, 2010, 02:41:07 AM »

Okay - so this is for those of you much smarter than me. There must be a nerd or two around here. It's one of the most important preliminary health diagnostics used to screen potentials for iboga/ibogaine treatment: the ECG (electrocardiogram) Thing is, you can't just pop in to the doctor's office and say. 'I want an ECG'...or even if you can, diagnostics are expensive. In short, it is a pain in the ass.

Some uber geek has figured out how to make one of these - what's more - it's teeny tiny and from the looks of it, accurate. This kind of device would be invaluable to the potential provider. No more worrying if the 'patient' fudged one or couldn't produce one for various reasons. It would be on hand for before, possibly during, and after. Think of the data we could generate. This is waaay over my head, the construction of this...and I have no idea how expensive or readily available the components are but what I gather is that with the right amount of gray matter - this may indeed be doable. This article comes with diagrams and schematics so anyone fluent in this technology should be able to build one over the weekend. Thoughts? (link to main article: http://www.stm32circle.com/projects/project.php?id=31)

" I am you and what I see is me..."

Nganga Nobunoni +

Re: DIY electrocardiogram?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 08:06:52 AM »
Nice one' I am on it' shall let you know of what developes'

Cool post brother "Man.:)

Bliss!

Nobu +

Nganga Nobunoni +

electrocardiogram?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 08:31:58 AM »
They are no an extortionate price to purchase new'

No doubt others as well if you hunt for them' china would be a good bet' lots of cheep good quality hardware made there'

this one looks like a small note book!

ReadMyHeart Handheld ECG
Ref: GPM-ECG2

Price: £132.78 (Including VAT at 17.5%)
Choose an alternate currency
Quantity:

ReadMyHeart Handheld ECG Monitor

FREE UK SHIPPING FOR PURCHASES MADE ONLINE!

ReadMyHeart ECG

ReadMyHeart V 2.0 Handheld ECG Monitor for home use - check the functions of your heart anytime you want!

ReadMyHeart Handheld ECG is a personal non invasive hand held heart monitoring device utilising 'Modified Lead 1 - ECG' measurements that are normally obtained from the traditional Lead I ECG signal. ReadMyHeart Handheld ECG allows you to measure and record electrical activities of your heart. ReadMyHeart Handheld ECG is a convenient and easy to use pocket ECG that traces, measures and records the electrical signals generated in your heart via 2 built in electrodes (conductive plates). ReadMyHeart Handheld ECG displays the measured parameters instantly and digitally on its LCD screen.

Using ReadMyheart Analytical Software, you can transfer all the measurements taken with the ReadMyHeart to a personal computer through a simple USB connection. You can store the measurements, edit them, print them or even transmit them electronically directly to your doctor for interpretation.

ReadMyHeart is not a substitute for a standard electrocardiogram (ECG) diagnosis - it is only an ECG recorder. It cannot tell you that you are suffering heart problems - it is your doctor that can make a diagnosis on the basis of your ECG measurements taken with the ReadMyHeart Handheld ECG.

ReadMyHeart Handheld ECG measures, records and presents the following parameters:

" Heart Rate (HR)

" ST Segment - this segment can help with the identification of certain cardiac problems (i.e. myocardial infarction, ischaemia)

" QRS Interval - this segment corresponds with the currents that cause the contractions of both the ventricles

The software enables the users to manage ECG recording with time stamped record as well as print, fax or e-mail the readings. During the analysis of the readings on the PC, in addition to the recording displayed on the LCD screen of the device, also the PR and QT/QTc will be shown.

ReadMyHeart Analytical Software is compatible with Windows98 and 98SE, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Vista.

The hardware requirements are as follows:

" CPU: Pentium 3 and above

" Memory: 100MB and above

" Hard Disk capacity: 100MB and above

" Data transmission media: Universal Serial Bus (USB)

" Screen resolution: 1024 x 768

ReadMyHeart Handheld ECG is a valuable tool for monitoring of the heart during normal daily activities and for compiling a personal cardiac data bank. Its software allows the users to store the information and to make it available to their physicians retrospectively. However, please note that ReadMyHeart Handheld ECG is not a diagnostic tool and its readings are only intended for monitoring/self-monitoring and recording purposes.

Please note that the use of ReadMyHeart Handheld ECG by people with fitted pacemakers is not recommended!

ReadMyHeart Handheld ECG is presented in a convenient carry case with a set of two 1.5 V AAA alkaline batteries, application software CD, USB cable, external electrode cable and 2 sticky skin electrodes, an easy to follow user manual.

CE mark Medical Device Class 2a

FDA Cleared

12 months warranty

Bliss!

Nobu +

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 11:39:27 AM »
WOW!
What a find!

Our own Sister here on the forum can read ECG's. Sis, what do you think?

I know that just reading lead 1 won't give a complete picture of the heart tho. And the Q-4 is particularly important to note. My knowledge is rudimentary, love to hear more from someone with experience using heart monitors.

B

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 05:35:27 PM »
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 05:37:12 PM by calaquendi »

Offline sister

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 11:00:44 AM »
I didnt see this till today.  I used a Aed for myself.  For pre-op sorta speak one needs a hard copy to be able to read it correctly.  Any cheap monitoring system I think is great.  Once one know no qt,wpw or other hidden problems...HR/O2 sats I feel is the most important.  If one drops below 40, sometimes just arousing a person will increase hr/o2 sats.... if that dosnt work then epi is surely in line.
life is a bowl of fruit, once clean

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 11:35:50 AM »
hiya sister - how u been? glad u posted on this one, we need professional opinions. always good to see you!

Offline sister

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 12:29:25 PM »
I am doing good... just did a little booster and after 24 hours feels better.  Still get chills but bowels are very normal now.  Great relief
life is a bowl of fruit, once clean