Author Topic: Camp Eboka  (Read 8897 times)

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
Camp Eboka
« on: March 16, 2010, 01:42:32 AM »
I'd like to start an *email* thread on this topic. Plans are for a week long camping trip in July,  in the West USA. Since we won't want times and dates to be publicly published, because we are discreet, I'm thinking anyone interested can message me their email, and I will cc everyone to start the discussion.

I am really looking forward to this!

Grateful for the space, Cal and pk. Thank you.

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
Re: Camp Eboka
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 11:03:13 PM »
I am gonna be in West Virginia July 8-11, most likely, but wouldn't mind a trip out west if it could be coordinated after Furthur Tour.  Also, what kinda things would we need to bring?  Maybe i can catch a ride with Cal?  Cal, get that car runnin well, and we can ride out! :)
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 11:52:51 PM »
Maybe during your holiday you could do some work to improve the environment instead of partying ALL the time?   :D   ;)   ;D

Have you heard about Claviceps paspali?  According to Albert Hofmann, it grows on Paspalum distichum (dallis grass), a wild grass that grows throughout the Mediterranean basin.  It "contains only alkaloids that are hallucinogenic and which could even have been used directly in powdered form."

I'm wondering if P. distichum grown from seed in a gorgeous wilderness area somewhere in the US of freakin' A would bear C. paspali, as legume seeds do with nitrogen fixing micro-organisms ? ? ?

Just a deranged thought...

~et
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 01:12:02 PM by Eon T McKnight »

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 12:00:06 AM »
I am sure it would..  Just need to isolate a high alkaloid strain of claviceps, and harvest it old fashioned style, since modern techniques strip the ergot from the grass.  There is some more detailed info in Uncle Fester's, Practical LSD Manufacture (doesn't sound all that practical to me, but hey..). 

Also, not sure what you meant about the partying all the time, but I often enhance my environment by growing things and/or picking up trash around my campsite, etc.
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 12:23:49 AM »
Just teasing Tia about the partying.  I'm betting she's a real party animal.  (tee hee)

Fill us in, Tia, we want the whole story!

Me, I'm just trying to decide if I should change my name to "Johnny Dallis-Grass-Seed".  Mr. Hofmann is one of my heroes.

http://www.lycaeum.org/leda/docs/515.shtml?ID=515

Have you seen LSD by Otto Snow?  It looks to be an incredible source book on LSD  --  the LSD bible?

~e

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 01:17:18 AM »
I personally have a close connection to LSD.  I regularly talk to Family, who are the main distributors of LSD.  Otto Snow's book is okay, but the newest remarkable updates to LSD synthesis come from Casey "Freeblood" Hardison, and can be found in The Entheogen Review.  It has to do with using a peptide coupler in synthesis to reduce the amount of time and steps to synthesize LSD in a high yielding formula.  I can find it and repost it here, if anyone really wants, but it probably deserves it's own thread..  Maybe check out peptide coupler synthesis for LSD, using PyBOP.
GratefulDad

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 12:56:46 PM »
I'll harvest emails from here to start the email communications about the Camp in a few days. If you don't list your email here and want to be included, please pm or email me.

So, after July 11th, no problem. Again, no specific dates or places will be listed here.
To bring, well, food, shelter, acoustic instruments, things you might like to share. Probably twenty dollars or so to help contribute to site fees, if there are some.I'm going to shake a few trees and see if I can't get a vj friend to bring 'visuals', beautiful stuff that can be projected into the night air. This can be as big or as little as we want, but I'm thinking the first couple days to be mellow for those who might be going on a journey while there.

More in emails in a couple days. We can speak more freely in private.

Eon, I am hardly the party animal, and you know it, lol.
And I ALWAYS leave a site better than I found it. That's basic respect. ;)

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 01:39:22 PM »
I keep re-reading my post and am still unable to figure out how it came across as accusing or suggesting anything about not leaving the campsite the way it was found.  (I went back and inserted some emoticons to help clarify my attempt at humor.)

Here is what I was trying to convey, without actually coming out and saying it literally:  Wouldn't it be cool to plant some interesting crops while camping, like dallis grass, which may have been used as a sacrament by Celts, Greeks (Eleusinian Mysteries) and other early Europeans?  (Of course, it is the Claviceps paspali that would be the actual sacrament, not the grass which is its host.)

Tia, we have never met, face-to-face.  I really don't know if you like to get together with others and enjoy yourself or not.  Perhaps you think "alcohol" when hearing the term 'party'?  That is not what I was referring to or suggesting.

Acoustic instruments and a light show just sounds like a party to me...

So, I shall leave this serious discussion confident that you will tidy-up before leaving.  Sigh!  :(

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 02:01:49 AM »
This is happening in July, as aforementioned. In New Mexico.
The way it's headed is that it's for people interested in working with Iboga with others in some capacity.

Contact me or harveyplex via pm or email if you are interested. Seriously. Don't think I'm not talking directly to you. :) I feel safe in saying we are both kind people who would love to hear from you.
Ride shares encouraged, we are working on that.
There's an email planning list with all the news that's fit to tell. Just let he or I know you'd like to come.
I do believe we are eight so far, from all over.

The same flavor of the forum will follow us: supportive, egalitarian, friendly and double dipped in love. Okay, I made up that last part because I was thinking about those soft serve ice creams that get dipped in chocolate. True though, this is a loving place.

Who has Tshirt connections? I think we need camp tshirts....anyone? Or stickers?

Love,
Tia

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 07:20:35 AM »
Heres where i think we could camp or we could camp near it . this is the most awesome hot springs ever ! its like 2000 years old.  Taos is 35 minutes away . I will look into camping nearby (state parks etc,etc .....) I am wondering if Gratefuldad , Cal (adam too?) and and a certain lady from ohio can carpool to leadville (my home)colorado ,thenwe could all carpool south to new mexico .

check out this link ya'll :
http://ojocalientesprings.com/index.php?gclid=CPa0prSLi6ECFQdYbQodVB21Qg

much love and camping ,
HP
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 07:24:47 AM by harveyplex »

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 07:28:00 AM »
hello all ,
after some investigating it would be a bit more (fee wise) to camp in a state park than to stay at Ojo Caliente .
I am open to ideas on place to stay .
I am posting the New Mexico park fee on the link below . Take a look if you could.

New Mexico state park Fees :

http://www.emnrd.state.nm.us/PRD/FeesPermits.htm

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 11:18:36 AM »
what about everybody coming up to Lake County , Colorado ?
 Its at 10,000 feet and we dont have any mosquitos !
There is a ton of outdoor activites to do and i could start scouting out spots soon too.
our summer weather is awesome and the stars and moon look great at 10,000 + feet up .
Im not bailing on the NM idea but this outing might be a bit easier to plan if one of us can work with something a bit more known so far as the area and activities . Its only 3 hrs up the road from Ojo Caliente or nearby NM locations .
remember - no bugs !
and smoking the green stuff is pretty much legal here as in California . In NM its a serious crime (for the tokers).

Take a peek at this link for Lake CO , Colorado .
It might be a good second option :

http://www.lakecountyvisitorcenter.com/

there is a whole lot to do up here ya'll !

fallout330

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 02:47:46 PM »
Great thread, would be great to possibly get together during the summer.  I'll PM you Tia.

Thanks

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 03:15:21 PM »
Being able to smoke weed is a big plus..  Not that I wouldn't anyways, but less worry is always nice.  But wherever everyone decides, I'll do my best to make it.
GratefulDad

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2010, 03:39:48 PM »
Anyone else a veteran camper?

We can go primitive site if all agree. This just means we bring our own water and dig our toilets. Hump it out, hump it in.