Author Topic: another initiatate  (Read 3867 times)

Offline atom

• View Profile
another initiatate
« on: February 13, 2011, 03:00:18 PM »
at least in the western sense..
last night my uncle (age 58) met papa eboga!
500 mgs ta from iboga world followed by 2.5 grams
says he wanted to eat more but couldnt sit up to take caps, i said i think thats a good sign youre already there, or well on your way
hes well into it still..
jah live

im not a stranger.. in the eyes of the maker

Offline sassyfras

• Banzi
    • View Profile
Re: another initiatate
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 03:22:43 PM »
 ;D That's very cool, Atom...I would love to hear more! Being a relatively ancient person myself I'm always eager to hear of other "senior" initiates. He must be an interesting man....what made him want to do Iboga? ( I'm assuming it wasn't for addiction interruption reasons because of the dosage..)

Offline atom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 03:36:47 PM »
great questions sassy and id love to share more..
he has been an opiate addict on and off for 30 yrs, but was indeed clean (or at least habit free) at dose time
9 years ago my ex did ibogaine with eric taub.. which led to..
3 years ago my aunt (his wife) did ibogaine at deb mashs place (complained of being underdosed).. which led to..
also influenced by my herbalist baby mamas vegetable insights, i did ibogaine 1 year ago at the dream house in mexico.. which led to..
uncle now relatively clean though depressed dosed with his wife as sitter at home..
and in april my babys mama (the only non addict of all mentioned) will join the rest of us at maseta in mexico
its so good out there..

Offline atom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 07:14:42 PM »
on the topic of "senior" initiates, one of my closets friends is now 72, was fairly well known in the auspicious palo alto/stanford/haight/la honda scenes of the 60's, is also interested, though he is healthy as one could imagine one to be at that age, keeping up with his 30 something year old wife and 3 year old son with relative ease, i just dont know about iboga at that age..

any thoughts out there??

Offline sassyfras

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 12:11:33 AM »
Wow, Iboga has touched so many people close to you, Atom, thank you for sharing that! About your 72 year old friend doing Iboga...I hope some of the more experienced Ibonauts chime in about that. Also would be interesting to learn if the Bwiti work with Iboga right into old age or if they would consider initiating an older person like that?

I think there's definitely a need for more info on this topic!

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 03:19:01 AM »
I sat with my good friend, who is a Dr. / Md., through his full flood (5 gms TA 35% )

He is 62.

By his report:
He is now healthier, has higher stress levels, stronger and heals quicker
His stomache disorder healed 90% as did his headaches
His skeletal misalignment (out for 15 years after a car accident) realigned.

Old people are like wine
Good wine gets better with age
(Cheap wine gets sour with age)

J.B.G.
" . . . THE ONLY WAY TO VALIDATE YOUR EXISTANCE IS TO ACCEPT THE REALITY OF YOUR NON-EXISTANCE . . . "

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 08:24:17 AM »
Much love brother B Goode !!!
- hp

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 07:59:47 PM »
Big ups, atom - thanks for sharing!
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 12:51:06 PM »

Hi All,

Ibo is a rough trip and I am sure more so for a 72 yr old.  Maybe he would be better off with mushrooms.  By the time ya hit 72 I think you got most of your problems sorted out.

Roy

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 04:12:17 PM »
Roy, not everyone has such a rough experience on iboga.  I think that if you have a healthy heart and no debilitating illnesses, that iboga is worth a shot.  After seeing how much iboga has helped so many people of all ages, from young to old people, I don't think anyone who feels okay with trying it shouldn't be given the chance. 

Mushrooms are nice to get a new view point, even work out some troubles or help boost mood, but they don't really do as much for the healing and better functioning of the whole system.  They definitely don't work for as long. 

Iboga can be heavy, but only my very first huge dose flood was difficult at all.  The second two were enjoyable, with only one or two purges.  I didn't have a rough time.  Many people go through the experience without any real complications.  Some people don't even throw up!  So, I understand your experience was a difficult one, and you threw up to the point you were scared.  I threw up for 18 hours off and on my first time, but back then no one spoke of how dangerous it was or how people could die, and so I just threw up and never worried.  I didn't create this feeling of dread in me, but rather I put up with the annoying purge until it was dry heaves. 

The visions and feelings were remarkable and totally worth the puking, not to mention I think I was throwing up all the nasty crap I had accumulated in my body from being slowed down on methadone for years.  Slow digestion, slow waste elimination, everything that was nasty, was pushed out of me.  That might not have been very pleasant, but it's EXACTLY what I needed to heal.  I don't think age should eliminate anyone from being able to experience the wonderful plant, but perhaps a bit more gentle approach would be sufficient.  Rather than breaking open the head, maybe you could just shine some light in their ear!  :P
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 08:10:47 AM »

Hi GD,

Rather than breaking open the head, maybe you could just shine some light in their ear!

Right, that sounds fair.  You got to remember that many people do not like the Experience but just take to help them with whatever problem they have.  Also, you must keep in mind that a 72yr old may not be able to clear the Ibo out of his system and he could be buzzing for more than two weeks on a strong dose. 

Best,

Roy