Author Topic: Hello, ibogang. All my love, mik.  (Read 6963 times)

Offline mzlynnem

• Banzi
    • View Profile
Hello, ibogang. All my love, mik.
« on: March 16, 2010, 10:22:58 AM »
I'm just a girl... Short story: at 19, became physically dependant on opiates- namely OC. Soon after, graduated to H. Ran the gamut of detox, "rehabs" and "treatments", etc. til finally landing at Suboxone which allowed me to stabilize my life over the past three years (since March 2007). June 2009, ibo found me, whispering hope and freedom... Been following its call ever since- learning, saving, and working toward a treatment of my own, in hope of some day being able to work with, through, or around ibo myself in some capacity.

Since my "adoption" into the ibo community, I can't begin to tell of all the blessings and... Hmm... "interesting" happenings my life has been filled with... It's been a trip already, really ;)

In preparation for my (upcoming early summer) ibo session, I recently transitioned from sub to a natural short-acting opiate. As of 5:30am today, I am six days suboxone-free. If anyone has any questions or would like to talk, please contact me, I'd love to share and chat!

Love!
M   
"A person can grow only as much as his horizon allows."

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, ibogang. All my love, mik.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 11:02:19 AM »
Blessings my dear - so very glad you made it here... ;)

Damn, that rhymes. I too was on a myriad of opiates ...then suboxone, then SAO's briefly before iboga. Thats a good idea, there. It will make both the journey and the re integration easier on you. Working to put a chat room on these boards - hopefully sooner than later. But for now please stick around and talk about whatever your heart desires. We are all in this together. Great to have you and welcome! ~Cal
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 01:55:49 PM »
Miz M!!!!

Welcome!

You will find that you fit right in here. Write as you can, and keep us posted on your journey!
Look forward to meeting you sometime in summer. Go Camp Eboka!

Love,
Tia

Offline mzlynnem

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 02:05:44 PM »
thanks cal, good to see you here too, and happy to be here! I'll have to explore more later- not very easy from the ipod, hehe...

Chat room sounds excellent! I likedthat feature when I was watching the conference last month. And as for the SAO switch from suboxone- IMO pod tea is the perfect option. The transition from 2mg sub to 2.5 jumbos was a piece of cake, really... And I have no desire to abuse it, as when I was trying to figure out my dose I realized even overdoing it by a small amount made me unpleasantly drowsy. Been keeping a journal of this experience, in case somebody else could use the info one day. Thanks for the welcome, See ya soon!

Offline mzlynnem

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 02:13:58 PM »
And Tia too! ;) Yay!!! We should totally have t-shirts made for camp... Or iron-on patches lol

Nganga Nobunoni +

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 08:52:37 PM »
A warm welcome to you' and all the best on your coming treatment'

Blessings

Nobu +

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 11:00:30 PM »
Welcome M, I think I know who you are from the list.  I am HH, so welcome aboard.  I also agree an Iboga chat would be fun.  Be nice to talk to you folks in real time!
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 12:06:54 AM »
Hi Happy!

So very nice to meet you!

Please tell, did you invent "ibogang"?  Love it!

Your Mumble Savant,

Eon McKnight

Offline mzlynnem

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 08:46:26 PM »
Awwww shux, thanks for the welcomes, you guys are so awesome. Yes, this is Mikki from the list, I'm really excited about this forum, and idk if I invented "ibogang" lol but thought it sounded good. I have to warn you all, this is the first forum I've joined so might take me a little while to figure out exactly how to navigate and where to post what. Did figure out making another post on a topic puts it back at the top of the list, so... Going to stop drawing attention to myself in the new member place now...   

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 12:58:30 AM »
I guess you know by now that I couldn't resist using 'ibogang' on the vox list.  I just hope that the anthropologists 1000 years hence give you the credit.    :D

Remember, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

Peaches & Doves,    ~et

Offline mzlynnem

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 09:50:15 PM »
LOL I saw it used on Vox, but didn't think it was you... that was actually why I made sure to post back here that I wasn't entirely sure it was my idea... HAHA.

Love and... anthropological recognition?? 
;)     

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 10:11:14 PM »
Yeah, I'm robertj on vox.  And to paraphrase one of my Elvis Costello favs:

What's so funny about peace, love and anthropological recognition?

~e

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 10:16:26 PM »
That's hilarious, I too was wondering which one came first, the list or here, since my emails are always out of order on the list..  Sometimes they come twice, and always out of order, often a day late.  Least it seems to all be coming through!  So Mikki is the "ibogang" originator, as it stands?
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 10:47:11 PM »
Yup, HappyMikki is the one!

I think it's great because:  1) It has most all the same sounds that are in ibogaine, and 2)  "Gang" implies comradeship and a common purpose.  What more could one wish for?    ~e

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 07:36:53 AM »
Hello M !
I was to a victim of the slavery of that little orange pill that melts away under your tounge. i know its a tough spot also.
Ever since ive done my treatment i cant tell you how good my life has been . I have met some very , very great people here and i know you will find the help you need here. Its available on all different levels of knowledge and experience . If you are here you probably need to be . You are a new member of what i like to call the A Team . I also make many Star Wars references .
You are a part of the Force now.
Enjoy and if I can ever be of help just call on me.
your pal ,
Harvey Plex