Author Topic: Hello, ibogang. All my love, mik.  (Read 6947 times)

Offline mzlynnem

• Banzi
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, ibogang. All my love, mik.
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2010, 10:54:57 PM »
Hi to you too, Harvey:) Star Wars, "The A Team", And ibo! Now I'm sure this is the place I was looking for, I am honored! And while I'm here, I will mention I am now 17 days off sub (just had to count, btw:) and doing great. Went through a period of kind of disappointing lethargy, but I'm thinking it was probably due to not getting the "energy kick" on pods like suboxone gave. Pretty sure I've fully adjusted to pods now, and feel SO much healthier... And think this could be a great option for people to transition from sub to ibo for many reasons, But...

Now I have this question. Up until I switched to pods, I was ready to go take ibo, any day any time, to kick subs. Now I'm enjoying this lack of guilt, healthier feeling, and being in control of my own treatment- and also feel like I don't want to go just yet. First thing that comes to mind is that it's my body telling me to wait... Wait until more of the sub & its damage goes away...? When I think about doing it now (ibo tx), I get the impression I'm rushing things. My plan was to go for summer anyway so I guess it doesn't matter much, but I wanted to throw this out here since it's something unexpected and curious to me, like wtf just happened to make me want to wait more after months and months of waiting?! Thank you all, much love!
"A person can grow only as much as his horizon allows."

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2010, 12:14:38 AM »
Hey happysadface!

It sounds like you're listening to your body, and to Ibo already. If you feel it's best to wait, then wait. Sometimes Ibo has it's own timeline anway, and you can plan your ass off and still have to wait.

I'm very, very interested in how the pod is working, please keep sharing on that!
And, I want a T shirt. You always get a tshirt at camp.

A chat room, yes. This is now the chat room/Happy sad thread, lol. I'm going to start a thread for chat.

Lots to catch up on here!
I'm really glad you're here, and know I'll be meeting you someday. :D

Love and such,
Tia

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2010, 12:24:11 AM »
Yeah, the pods make life very manageable, and seem to give a nice boost in mood, for awhile.  I'd still make a plan and stick to it, before months go by and you lose momentum, however, the pods are a nice transition, and easy to manage.  They have various alkaloids that work together and even noscapine which is good for fighting prostate cancer in men..  They seem much healthier than pharmies, IMO, and they are natural. 

But still needing your pod coffee/tea every morning to function kinda sucks.  Still very manageable, but addicted.  I say go with your gut, but don't forget your goal, and try to make a plan and stick to it.  Get's easy to get caught up and stuck in a rut..  Keep trying to lower your pod dose by a couple grams a day every few days, until it gets to a point where you can't go lower, then go for the ibo.  That's what I did, and it worked well for me.
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."