Author Topic: Strategies to increase effectiveness  (Read 4084 times)

Offline Caláf

• View Profile
Strategies to increase effectiveness
« on: March 19, 2011, 01:07:02 PM »

To make the most of a rare medicine, what ways can one improve on a regular regimen of iboga?

Has anyone tried cycling their microdosing?  I'm not really sure if tolerance is a desirable thing with iboga.  I've heard recommended to people that they take some every four days or every week or so.  Others have done daily regimens.  Anyone have an opinion on that?

Also, I was thinking that during an iboga microdose regimen one could supplement with Royal Jelly.  Royal Jelly increases GDNF as does iboga.
http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/bbb/69/4/69_800/_article Royal Jelly does seem to respond to cycling, the 3-day group had huge increases of GDNF but the 10-day group was only somewhat above the control group.  Subjectively, I've always noticed a tolerance to Royal Jelly after a few days of heavy use (4-5 days or so). 

Exercise is another thing known to be a stimulator of GDNF. 
http://www.fasebj.org/cgi/content/meeting_abstract/22/1_MeetingAbstracts/753.3

Sunlight and Vitamin D3  increase GDNF as well
http://www.molmed2011.com/files/k_p_mohankumar.pdf

If one is microdosing to treat addiction, then this would be the ideal time to begin or continue cognitive behavioral therapy.

Offline rho

• Banzi
    • View Profile
Re: Strategies to increase effectiveness
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 05:01:07 PM »
Thanks for the information, Caláf. I did not know that excersize and royal jelly increased GDNF levels. I've been cycling royal jelly/propylis/pollen supplements, fish oil, chayawanprash, and sutherlandia fructicense along with iboga and I feel pretty freaking fantastic. Not to mention fairly regular caapi tea sessions and a moderate amount of excersize...

I've also experimented with tongkat ali, which interested me initially because it supposedly has beta carbolines in it. The beta carbs in caapi and syrian rue have a very beneficial effect on me which is not too different from iboga. Low doses of beta carbs along with low doses of root bark are very therapeutic imo, but I didn't experiment enough with the tongak ali to determine if it's effects were even noticeable. 

Offline Bancopuma

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 05:08:09 PM »
Great idea for a thread. Yes exercise is a great way of keeping GDNF levels up, and sunshine and diet are very important to. I read an article in New Scientist that stated that magnesium, flavonoids and tryptophan have all bean separately found to boost GDNF levels...it so happens that raw cocoa powder is a great source if all of these, among many other nutrients, and in the form of a milkshake it tastes amazing, I have one every day. Cocoa is much more affordable than royal jelly. Those interested might want to look into bee pollen...it is nutritionally near identical to royal jelly, but much cheaper and less stressful on the bees to harvest. I have a business that imports beehive products from the unspoilt wilds of Transylvania, and done a fair bit of research into this.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:58:09 PM by Bancopuma »

Offline Caláf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 06:02:02 PM »
I didn't think of it but it does seem obvious that the Royal Jelly collection would be stressful.  Plus the dosages used were pretty high amounts of freeze dried royal jelly.  The people at NeuroTalk forums in the Parkinsons Disease section were trying it out for their PD symptoms.  They were using many grams daily, which even when cycling use is pretty expensive.   Bruce Lee used it though... I'm just sayin'

Offline Bancopuma

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 12:06:52 AM »
Interesting, but random, Muhammad Ali was said to consume bee pollen while at his peak..."float like a butterfly, sting like a bee".

Offline Caláf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 12:54:24 AM »
I see where you're going with this.  However there is little chance Muhammad Ali would last against Bruce Lee.  Bruce Lee had too much going for him like his yellow spandex that made him super strong.  Or the time he beat up a blind NBA star. 

Does anyone have reference to the exact regimen of exercise that is shown to increase GDNF?  Is it endurance type or weight lifting or what? IDK

Offline Stoney

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 11:31:15 AM »
Seems like syrian rue would increase the effectiveness of iboga if taken at the same time. Or am i way off on that? It potentiates caapi and a lot of other things, it being a maoi.

D3 is very good for general health and should be taken every day. It's hard to absorb so take an oil based cap rather than a dry tablet. It take 5000 iu per day. Most people are deficient in this essential vitamin. It helps prevent cancer among many other benefits.