Author Topic: an adventurous world i'm discovering.  (Read 2846 times)

Offline polytrip

• View Profile
an adventurous world i'm discovering.
« on: April 13, 2011, 04:21:46 PM »
Last saturday around 9 in the afternoon i started eating powdered iboga rootbark. I had experimented with the stuff before and the largest amount i had taken up to that moment was 5 grams of the stuff. I took that same amount within 30 minutes and waited for the first effects to take place, then i ingested another teaspoon every 10 minutes or so, untill i had eaten 12 grams of rootbark.

The effects i felt where a nice dissociative sedation, like i had felt with 5 grams. For more than 90 minutes after the last teaspoon they did not increase and eventually i started thinking that i had failed to launch. I stood up to make me a pot of tea, but when i stood up, the perspective of my room changed dramatically and i heared an electric buzzing sound that was so hypnotic that it was almost scary in how it seemed to dissolve my entire being.

I fell like i was fainting, like my existence was going to be erased within a matter of seconds.
I lay down again and i started to realise what i had gotten myself into.

The buzzing continued and my visual field was filled with a sort of haze and weird cartoon like figures like i have seen before on LSD and mushrooms, be it less esthetically refined, but there where many other phenomena as well. I saw clouds that opened up and within them there where radiant beings. Many 3dimensional faces where hovering over me. The many things i saw with my eyes open, all had a differeent texture, contrary to msuhroom hallucinations that all are more or less the same in nature. Here you had images that seemed like they where made up of bright clours like with mushroom hallucinations, but also hazey visions, visions that where powdery or very realistic or visions that seemed to be made up of darkness. I saw many objects and flashes of light along with beams dots and stripes.

It was all kind of chaotic to be honest and there was no greater picture, no epic story or meaningfull vision or storyline.
I feel  kind of sorry that i had done this on my own and not with an iboga-guide who could maybe have guided me through it tro get me deeper within the realm, and helped me find meaning in this chaotic flow of images.

The charicature like images that reminded me of shrooms sparked a strange new vision: a weird bearded guy started lecturing me about charicatures and how this word was derived from the word character and then abouyt how imoprtant character was. all kind of meaningless, and then i started seeing a herd of shabby figures, living in the gutter having realy sad lives and i saw myself living in the gutter with them having a sad live as well.

Eventually the images subsided and i slowly got a bit sober. Actually i was still heavily sedated and tripping like i had taken a strong dose of LSD, but compared to all the chaotic flutter i had been soaked in for many hours, it felt like i was sober again.  That was also typical: throughout the experience i constantly  underestimated how far from normal reality i actually was. and constantly i got confronted with it by realising that i was seeing things that wheren't there and taking them for real.

The, when i was getting sober again, the purge started. Throughout the first 13/14  hours i had been fine, without any unpleasant nausea or sickness. But now its started  and it was draining me. Everytime i eated something, it just went staright out again and it went on for hours.

Only 10 hours later my stomach got quiet again and i felt the sickness vanishing. Heavily dehydrated, i now started to have a new hallucinogenic phase.
Whenever my eyes where moving, there was an after image of wich the contours became very brightly flashing lines, like there where real flashlights in my house. And the lines would fluidly adjsut themselves to the new visual image as the result of the movement of my eyes. While this was heppening, the parts of my visioual field where this was taking place became liquid. It was a very dramatic effect that was extremely dissorienting and spectacular.
It stayed with me fro a few days, although less powerfull. The buzzing sound also lasted for over 36 hours.

At this moment i'm still trying to make sense of it, integrating the experience.
This is one of the most powerfull psychedelic experiences i have ever had and although chaotic and seemingly meaningless in content, it was an adventure.

There is no other psychedelic i am familiar with, not even ayahuasca, that gives such a deep feeling of immersion.

I will need some time to integrate this and i'm not likely to do this again very soon. But this was not the last time either. Next time, i will take a 'guided tour' because i know there is more to find in this extraordinary world of iboga.

Offline Bancopuma

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
Re: an adventurous world i'm discovering.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 05:46:51 PM »
Thanks for sharing this on here Mr polytrip. I enjoyed reading it, you write with clarity and managed to bring back some of the finer observations of the very bizarre mind state Iboga induces. It seems right now that the Iboga underground is spreading and awareness of this unique plant growing which I think is good thing. Interesting the multiple facets of the visionary aspect to the experience. I remember on my initiation, while my visions were ever changing throughout the experience, the eye, my mind's eye or third eye of whatever it was, was there with me for at at least 24 hours...it wasn't fixed, it was moving and the pupil was ever roving around but the eye itself remained in my vision for the duration of the experience.

One of the things I think may be understated, and something I think may have affected my subsequent experiences following my initiation, and guide the experience to possibly quite significant degree is music...the Bwiti always combine music in the form of their m'congo mouth harps and other instruments, and this is a very important and integral part of the Bwiti ritual. I felt so guided during my initiation, and I have just thought, on reading your report that this may well be due to listening to this m'congo music throughout the experience. For my two experiences following my initiation, I listened to my own music but not Bwiti music, and these experiences, while healing, didn't feel anything like as deep or guided.

Oh, and welcome to Eboka!  :)

Offline digital_phreedom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 10:22:37 PM »
Polytrip! Hello and welcome!

I always love it when my favorite nexians join up over here ;D

Unfortunately I'm on my phone right now, and typing on an iPhone 4 is tedious.. So this will be short.

But what a beautiful write up!  And the way you described your visuals (and most of the experience for that matter) resonates strongly with the things I've also seen and felt.

Hoping to hear more from you over here dear friend!  :D

<3
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Offline mo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 08:36:06 AM »
our egos could be interpreted as charicatures of what we ought to be. truly sad ones ... enough meaning if you see it that way - no? take care
in a universe like ours, to beings like us, the idea of a god dying can be quite liberating

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 12:33:18 PM »
Hello polytrip - looks like I missed this thread. Thanks for sharing your experience with us, I could relate to much of the visual phenomena you described. It very peculiar and different from anything I have ever seen before. I hope that next time you do not try this without having a sitter on hand, it doesn't need to be a guide even necessarily, but it is certainly something to have another person there for safety reasons...please, please incorporate that in your further ventures!

Very good to have you on board, welcome to Eboka!
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 03:40:15 AM »
Hello Polytrip ,
this was an amazing account .
buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!
haha .
Welcome friend  ( adventure on ...) !!!
much love and star Wars .
Harvey Plex