Author Topic: So when can I start doing other psychedelics safely?  (Read 6480 times)

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
So when can I start doing other psychedelics safely?
« on: March 23, 2010, 01:45:09 AM »
Okay, so folks, I did my flood dose on march 2nd, and then about 2-300 mgs of alks once a week, up until last Wednesday.  I have LSD, 2.6 grams of bridgesii extract, some 2cb, some ketamine and some DMT, so I am wondering if/when any of these would be safe to take?  I have no strong desire to do any drugs, but on occasion, as my body is coming back online, I am getting the desire to trip.  Now I wanna be safe, and don't wanna interfere with my recovery, but as I start to feel more normal, and better, I am noticing the urge to trip.  If anyone has any hard data as to why or how long I should wait, I'd love to hear, and am open to suggestions as well.  Thanks everyone for your time!

GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
Re: So when can I start doing other psychedelics safely?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 12:19:58 PM »
Dear GD,

I saw a very similar question elsewhere on the web.  Synchronicity is a truly amazing thing!  At any rate, I would like to share one of the responses the questioner received.  Though the response revealed a distinct lack of maturity and a truly pathetic sense of humor, I do believe that it does contain a minute particle of wisdom.

HH!  You are such a tease!    ;-)

To answer your question:  I would start with a threshold+ bowl of DMT.  It is short acting and should be over before you can dial 911.

If the DMT is well tolerated, LSD should be too.  And if DMT and LSD are smoovey, you should be able to move on to the bridgesii.  I have never done K, so can't help you there.

Maybe you should try the K all by itself the next night ? ? ?

Peace, Louvers & Understanding,

rj

While I find the tone and frivolous nature of the above passage to be appalling, I do agree that a low-ish dose of DMT would be the best place to start, mainly due to its short period of effect.  At worst, any unpleasant side effects would be short-lived.  Plus, DMT is naturally present in the human nervous system and has low toxicity.  (The LD50 for a mouse of 110mg/kg.  That would be 11g for a 100k person!  A dose I definitely DO NOT recommend!)

LSD has a similar low level of toxicity, but of course lasts much longer.  If you were to find yourself in a bad place, you might be there for several hours.

Since the bridgesii contains phenethylamines, which can be highly stimulating, I would be much more careful with it.

While the respondent's implication that you would be using more than one of these substances at the same time is totally irresponsible, I do believe that he was trying to help  --  in his own perverse and twisted way.

Yer Pal, ETMcK
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 01:27:33 PM by Eon T McKnight »

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 01:31:15 PM »
Thanks, I think I'll try the K, since it only lasts a couple hours at best.  Also, I ain't worried about a bad trip, as I only feel bad when they're is something wrong.  I realize the LSD might pronounce some of the post acute withdrawal, but I seriously doubt it would be rough on me.  I think I will smoke some DMT, though, just because it's been awhile since I had a good DMT trip..  

BTW, the last time I tripped really, I ate 5 hits of LSD (100mics per), ate 1 half gram of MDMA powder, snorted 1 half gram of MDMA powder, ate 1.2 grams of bridgesii extract, snorted 40 mgs of oxycontin (when I had no other opiates and didn't want to be sick), and smoked a lot of herb all night.  While I had a wonderful time, it was all too much and easily forgotten, and I prefer to focus my attention now onto more meaningful experiences.  A single high enough dose of any of those has the ability to give me insight and understanding, but mixing a bunch in a binge like fashion didn't seem to do much but give me a day of entertainment.  I don't think there is anything wrong with that, but it's not something I have done in years..  I am ready to explore, but want to do so consciously..

So I'll decide in the next couple days what I want to do, ain't no rush, but knowing I can safely when I get the urge is enough for me.  Thanks.

GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 02:10:04 PM »
Each one of us is different, and maybe LSD would intensify PAWS, but I think that there is a good chance that it could reduce it.  My reasoning:

1)  LSD has been given to terminal patients who reported that it reduces pain levels and helped them to deal with their condition (dying) in a positive manner.

2)  LSD is an anti-emetic.  Though nausea is not associated with PAWS, I feel that the mechanism that produces the anti-emetic effects would be beneficial.  For me, discomfort in the gut is one of the major symptoms of withdrawal.

3)  In my experience, opiates lead one to be 'closed' and withdrawn from from nature in general and people in specific.  LSD, however seems to 'open' one's awareness and brings one closer to nature and humanity.

If eboka was unavailable, I would think that LSD would be the second best treatment.  Has anyone seen any research or personal accounts re:  use of LSD for addiction interruption?

I hope that I am not coming off as an LSD zealot here.  I am sure that there are those who should not venture down that road.  These are just my thoughts after a long and happy relationship with Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

~et

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 02:11:26 PM »
I have a couple friends who have given up alcohol and cocaine with LSD..
GratefulDad

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 10:09:28 PM »
I do know from some time spent in AA 12 step recovery, that "Dr. Bob" (or was it the 'other guy'?) tried LSD in the 50's when research was being performed. It seems one of the areas of focus was the possibility of an addiction interruption. Since that time I think that most of us who use psychedelics and entheogens have discovered that many of them possess this ability in varying forms. Though, as we all know, iboga is peerless in this regard, yet it is not recreational at all and these other compounds can be employed for such an occasion. I think that people generally pour scorn on the term 'recreational' when used in conjunction with (any) drug use. I wish it were otherwise, because let's face it: recreation is healthy. Having a good time (you know, 'fun') is also healthy. It's like anything else, it's how you do it that matters.

GD - as long as you don't go balls-out like you did in the above post earlier, you should be fine. I would stick with the tryptamines too, at least until you have a good trip under your belt. Good thread - I think many of us who imbibe these things would like to know the answers to your questions here. For me, I did it like McKnight said - my first experience after iboga was DMT - and it was a doozie. I was way way more open and keen to minutiae than I was while saturated with opiates. I bet this is a touchy subject for some, but there are those of us who are going to continue to use some things and I think a great part of 'us' are intrigued by hallucinogens to begin with. Again it is all in how you use it. I know you will take care, let us know how it goes for you if you decide to do something? It's all for posterity bro... ;)

BTW - you mentioned in our chat the other night something about ketamine being discussed at the ibogaine conference? Is there a tidbit that may apply to this thread or was it purely a tangent to addiction interruption therapy?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 10:11:11 PM by calaquendi »
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 01:43:21 AM »
Without going back to watch the whole thing over again, I believe it was about ketamine being thought about for addiction treatment, in how it acted in some kind of fashion similar to iboga, but that was only a tiny aspect of iboga's action, so they are clearly different.  I don't recall all the details, but I think I am gonna give it a try tomorrow.  I think I'll try a very small bump, just to see how it feels.  It only lasts about an hour or two, and without a huge dose, it's much more manageable than the DMT flash.  I realize the DMT might be a little faster, but the ketamine has a gentler onset but lasts a bit longer, so it feels like I have more time to meditate on the flowing thoughts.

No worries, though, I will only give each thing a try as the urge comes, and I will report how things are going for me.  I don't mind being a guinea pig, as long as I can be sure of not doing something that could hurt me.  I don't mean a rough trip, cause if that's what's in store, I am ready for that lesson, but I am thinking more along the lines of drug interactions or something.
GratefulDad

Nganga Nobunoni +

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 06:43:56 AM »
Spice and Mushrooms' keep the molecules as simple as possible' then you no mess around with NMDA pathways of which Ibo resset!

No stimulants!!

Bliss!

Nobu +

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 12:56:37 PM »
Tried a little bump of k this morning, and it was okay.  I just did a small sample to see how it felt..  Nothing spectacular, but it was interesting.  I think I am gonna eat some lunch, get dressed, then maybe take another blast off, we'll see.  For some reason, I think the DMT or mushrooms might be a little more on the fun side..
GratefulDad

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 01:44:38 PM »
I have never tried K  --  what's it like?    ~e

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 11:14:03 PM »
Well, this time I ended up doing the whole gram today, and it's gone..  It was pretty cool, let me tap right into the same mentality that iboga did.  I felt better than ever and K just felt like entertainment.  It was kinda like, you already know what to do, just quit smokin those awful cigarettes..  I think God told me to quit smoking on K once before...  Don't ask me, it came through in a vibration..  :P
GratefulDad

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 12:46:59 PM »
Good vibes, man...k is something I tinkered with in the rave scene but I always so blasted on other shit when I did it, it didn't make much of an impression. I think I'd like to try some eventually, just to see how it is on it's own. Lots of people like it and 'they' have been studying it in the scientific arena for decades for uses other than its anesthetic qualities. Glad you had a good time man. If you're still inclined to trip, you should see how DMT treats you after iboga. It was pretty incredible for me...but that stuff is always incredible.

On a side note, don't and I mean DO NOT - smoke jwh-018...I have changed my mind about that shit. I nearly pissed myself last night. I overdosed (accidentally) and vaporized around 40mg...the usual dose for pure jwh is 5- 10 mg. It's the stuff that comes in the smoking blends 'Spice' (not to be confused with DMT) and "K2" the shit that BBB got in trouble for...even though its not illegal yet. I say the hell with that stuff. If it's smoked in proper doses it feels like good strong cannabis, but in larger doses I think it can be dangerous. I developed a migraine at the tail end of a 2 + hour experience and I still have a residual headache today. There's been precious little research done on this stuff, which is 'a synthetic cannabinoid' - I could tell right away that it was an indole and it took about 30 minutes or more to peak - which was totally unpleasant. I can't believe I didn't puke. Achtwan got a good laugh at me though. Sorry to hijack your thread GD just wanted to put that out there...this shit is crazy.

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 10:54:48 PM »
LMAO, that's what I was saying about that stuff.  I'll stick to my cannabis, I am sure it smells and tastes way better, and I have never gotten too high/stoned on pot..
GratefulDad

Offline x

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2010, 01:18:28 PM »
Hi guys,

So much of this is new to me, and I'm learning a lot.
I have heard of K speculated as being used after ibo to aid sleep as opposed to xanax, and it's said it would be safe, but that's all I know. I was only at the conference in NY in Feb. for about 4 hours total.
Man, NY was fun.  ;D

Love to all y'all,
Tia

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2010, 04:20:41 PM »
Now THAT'S  an avatar!! Bruce Campbell rules - he played in those killer horror flicks "Evil Dead" you know, the ones you used to watch on acid and trip out all night? Much better...love and axes ~Cal