Author Topic: First Extraction, First Trip  (Read 2703 times)

Offline Jox

• View Profile
First Extraction, First Trip
« on: May 31, 2011, 06:09:19 PM »
First extraction first Ibogaine trip

The extraction didn't go well, or it did until the acetone, when I started to add HCl noting separated... well I was to throw it away but GreatfullDAD saved me, it, and I evaporated it and took it.

In short, it was clear that there was no much Ibogaine in it so I decided to take 2g of capsules of the black-green witch craft powder. 

I didn't have much visions, they were behind some black curtain, and couldn't come out.  My sitter told me that judging my moves, that it is not strong at all, when I was his sitter he couldn't move at all, like he couldn't raise the finger... That stressed me!!!!! I was not sure should I take more or what? I did take one more capsule...

The trip:
I had regressions of past 20 years of my life.  I felt I was in major psychoanalysis. I would see the events in question and could immediately understand all the players points of view. I couldn't believe it, I would go from event to event and get it... Even I started to dig some things that I purposely forgot, like when my business partner didn't want to pay me what he owed and we got in fight and he called police. I totally  forgot this event, only 5 years ago..., it came up, not easily though...

This went on forever... it started to tire me a lot, so I took one more capsule and some visions started, and the visions were relaxing me, but after half our the regressions picked up again. I was not trying to remember any more, just observing...

The following day I was in bed, I couldn't sleep so i took Seroquel, and I slept some... The body was achy...
The following day I was more or less out of it, I walked out with sun glasses, it all looked clean, pristine... my head inside felt clean, washed.

It was interesting, the little visions were great, but next week I will do 1,7g of Ibogaine... I want the full and complete experience...

Jox

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
Re: First Extraction, First Trip
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 03:15:10 AM »
Thanks for the report Jox .
i wish you the best in your quest for a full flood .
it is out there for you .
keep trying .
much love and healing .
- harvey plex

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 07:33:57 AM »

Hi Jox,

It may be a good idea to quit Seroquel for a week or two before flooding for it is possible to get Serotonin poisoning.  Just thought I would mention it.

Best,

Roy

Offline Jox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 09:43:13 AM »
Roy,

can you give me more info on this? I can't quit Seroquel, I take it for sleep purpose, and can't sleep without it, insomnia caused by Fibromyalgia, so it is not an option. What I may do is change to something else, but actually S is least toxic and no-addictive... What U think?

Jox

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 11:28:42 AM »
Jox - I have heard of people taking Seroquel for their insomnia after ibogaine. I know it is also prescribed as an antidepressant, though for the life of me I don't see how it could work that way. I have experience taking it and that stuff just hammered me into the ground lol. I guess everyone is different. If you can at least suspend it while you're on the iboga, this is prudent. Try to see if a lower dose than usual has the same effect after your flood. This seems to be the case almost across the board with just about every medication: that after an ibogaine experience the efficacy of many prescription and non prescription meds is drastically increased.

Take care and good luck!
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 11:47:45 AM »

Hi Jox,

I do not have any data that I can refer you to just that I have read a lot about Ibogaine and most detox centers in Mexico and sitters will not do it if your on SSRI or SSNI type drugs.  Enough people with knowledge and experience have mentioned so I believe it.  Serotonin Syndrome is a very serious and unpleasant thing.  I tried Seroquel and it was not for me as all antidepressants give me a very bad time.  I am not sure about Seroquel but if you Goggle addiction and antidepressants you will see that many are habit forming.  They are not addictive but had a discontinuation syndrome.  Hmmm, not quite sure about the difference between withdrawal and discontinuation syndrome, sound pretty close to me.

Best,

Roy

Offline Jox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 04:08:47 PM »
Hi,
just to add up to discussion, Seroquel is quetiapine, and is "atypical antipsychotic", and is not SSRI. In low doses is used for sleep. I like it because you cant OD it.

But when I did my iboga extration, i took it the following night, little by little fearing it would clash or whatever and it went fine.  My sleep problem is from Fibromyalgia, and it is a clinical condition, I just dont sleep if I dont have sleeping aid.  Yet I have no addictions.

The conclusion is that 200mg a night that i have been taking for years prior to my first trip didn't interfere, nor it did when I took the following night.

Next month I'll see with a full flood of 98%HCl...