Author Topic: A full flooddose without sickness or vomitting!!  (Read 5704 times)

Offline polytrip

• View Profile
A full flooddose without sickness or vomitting!!
« on: June 07, 2011, 01:40:43 AM »
I accidentally discovered a way to have a full flooddose without vomitting and sickness!!!

this is the story: two months ago, i took an iboga flooddose of 12 grams of rootbark. From then on i started getting interested in combo's of moderate amounts of iboga taken with shrooms. On thursdaynight i took 3 grams of iboga with shrooms, and on sunday i took 4 grams of it with shrooms.
That last experience was A LOT more powerfull than the experience of 12 grams of bark alone and the experience of 3 grams of rootbark with shrooms and it lasted for over 10 hours, after wich i felt a dissociative sedation for the rest of the day.

That was yesterday. So today i woke-up after less than 2 hours sleep, feeling totally awake instantly and the moment i opened my eyes, i see full-on noribogaine tracers for minutes just like the days after my flooddose of 12 grams.

The iboga must have accumulated in my body untill i eventually had a complete flooddose again when i ingested 4 grams.

And i did not get any feeling of sickness, no puking, no unpleasant effect at all!!!

It seems to me that taking a few grams of iboga each day in a series of days, taking a larger dose each day, will eventually lead to a flooddose without experiencing any of the toxic effects of iboga at all.  You'll very likely need a little more bark for it than when you take it all at once.

You probably cannot get a very large flooddose this way of 20+ grams but just something of around 9 to 10 grams of rootbark. But still.
Besides that, i can say that an iboga flooddose combined with magic mushrooms is very awesome.

Offline polytrip

• View Profile
Re: A full flooddose without sickness or vomitting!!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 09:04:55 AM »
I should also add that you don't feel so drained afterwards when you don't have to puke and you'll feel the beneficial effects of iboga immediately. The whole experience is just much more pleasant and positive this way.

Offline JohnnyB.Goode

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 09:25:26 AM »
i think it is very IMPORTANT to know what the purpose of the usage of the iboga is - whether flood or booster etc etc.

is one taking it for detox or "spiritual" pr insight, etc etc

and IF one is taking it for detox, then the questions become
1) Did it detox ?
2) Are there cravings after?

puking or not puking, visions or not visions are secondary
" . . . THE ONLY WAY TO VALIDATE YOUR EXISTANCE IS TO ACCEPT THE REALITY OF YOUR NON-EXISTANCE . . . "

RavAv

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 09:38:55 AM »
How does one define flood dose?
Subjectively or objectively?
Personally experience or scientific?

When I was sitting and watching lots of people
to ensure safety in their iboga journeys
for a variety of reasons . . .detox, PTSD, etc

i learned that something changes / heals / transforms in the brain
when the amount of iboga crosses a certain amount.

This change was very real and not subjective.
I am not a scientist but you can read all about it many articles

This change was not related to any subjective experience,
or visions or therapeutic light bulb.  i believe it is a biochemical change that takes place in the brain and  the liver

Some people took lower booster size doses instead of flood amounts
and had amazing visions and insights
but that shift / change etc did not place in a way that lasted after the experience wore off

the unique healing aspect of iboga is that it goes beyond therapeutic to curative
and this aspect of the iboga lasts long after the session - - - even for weeks, months or years.
This is iboga's uniqueness that sets it apart from other entheogens or psychotropics.

For insightful therapeutic sessions with iboga, lower doses were often more helpful
(however this seemed true only after the person had first experienced a flood)

(if i am not mistaken - the use of the flood was coined by the detox iboga community to reflect on a certain amount of iboga that would produce a full detox and stop the cravings)

Offline polytrip

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 10:37:18 AM »
i learned that something changes / heals / transforms in the brain
when the amount of iboga crosses a certain amount.

This change was not related to any subjective experience,
or visions or therapeutic light bulb.  i believe it is a biochemical change that takes place in the brain and  the liver

I'm saying that you can make the amount of iboga in the brain cross that amount, by not taking it all at once, but by 1-taking smaller amounts each day until the amount of iboga within the body has reached a certain level and then 2-taking a dose of around 4 to 5 grams wich will then cause the same amounts of iboga to be active in the brain and produce this same biochemical change as when you take it all at once.

But with only one major difference: levels of ibogaine in the brain are simmilar to when taking a flood dose of around 10 grams of rootbark, but levels of iboga in the stomach and guts are far lower, with as a result...The same biochemical effects in the brain without having to vomit for hours and suffer dehydration and potasium depletion as a result of it.

Bancopuma told me that the bwiti's also use it this way, ingesting it spread over a period of days. And if anybody should know it, it's them.

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 11:58:42 AM »
i always thought flood was to be fully emersed , taken by the current ( you cant fight it ) of the plant spirit and the journey it provides you with.
your controll is relinquished completely , you are egoless participant or a viewer with none , some or total understanding but without (personal) opinion while in this state .
ego isnt present during the flood stage in my opinion .
mahalo and Star Wars ,
- hp
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 12:00:54 PM by harveyplex »

Offline rho

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 12:36:16 PM »
It sounds like you had a great experience, polytrip. Congrats! Am I correct in assuming you did not have any substance dependance when you started? If that's the case, I think it's a little irresponsible to call it a "flood dose." Even though the term flood is not well defined, I think in practical use it is any dose big enough to accomplish addiction interruption, and I don't see any evidence of that. It would be a real shame if people started trying to break strong addictions with this approach if it doesn't actually work. Otherwise I'd say VaVar and JBG nailed the important points.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 12:39:28 PM by rho »

Offline polytrip

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 01:36:52 PM »
i always thought flood was to be fully emersed , taken by the current ( you cant fight it ) of the plant spirit and the journey it provides you with.
your controll is relinquished completely , you are egoless participant or a viewer with none , some or total understanding but without (personal) opinion while in this state .
ego isnt present during the flood stage in my opinion .
mahalo and Star Wars ,
- hp
Exactly, and now you can reach that stage, without having to vomit, without feeling sick or uncomfortably nauseated prior, during or after the experience by using this method of feeding the body with low amounts of iboga for a number of days, until the amount of iboga in your bloodstream has reached a certain level. If you take an amount of 4 to 5 grams of rootbark THEN, this will have the same effects as 10 grams would normally have.
Try it out.

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 01:42:51 PM »
Thanks PT !!!
- i will try it soon ( i hope ) .
much love and recovery ,
harvey plex

Offline polytrip

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 01:50:39 PM »
It sounds like you had a great experience, polytrip. Congrats! Am I correct in assuming you did not have any substance dependance when you started? If that's the case, I think it's a little irresponsible to call it a "flood dose." Even though the term flood is not well defined, I think in practical use it is any dose big enough to accomplish addiction interruption, and I don't see any evidence of that. It would be a real shame if people started trying to break strong addictions with this approach if it doesn't actually work. Otherwise I'd say VaVar and JBG nailed the important points.
No, i'm luckiliy not in that position of substance dependance., i know what a curse it can be to some since my father was an alcoholic, so i know what many people here have been through.
I am interrested in iboga as a psychedelic. I defined flooddose, in the way harveyplex did a few posts above here.

I know that microdoses are used in addiction treatment though and in that sense, i think this method could be used in some light cases of addiction treatment as well. The microdose and flooddose therapy are based on the fact that noribogaine stays in the bloodstream for at least half a year once you've ingested a certain amount of it.
This method is based on that as well. By taking smaller amounts over a certain period of time, you eventually get the levels of noribogaine in the liver, the brain and the blood to reach a certain point. If you then take a dose of around 4 to 5 grams, it will have the effect of 10 grams of rootbark because of the levels of noribogaine already present within your body.

In addiction treatment, i would expect this method to be at least as usefull as microdosing.
You could microdose over a certain period of time and choose a time where you want to have a deep psychedelic session, that could give that little extra mental boost to help breaking the habbit.

Offline sassyfras

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 03:29:48 PM »
Certainly an interesting idea, polytrip, but I have some concerns when it comes to using this method to stop addiction. Since Ibogaine is known to potentiate opiates, how would you figure out what opiate doses would be sufficient to keep the addict out of withdrawal during the low dose days leading up to the flood dose day? And how would you know what doses of the opiate would still be safe,i.e. not cause OD during the low dose days?

I think this method could be potentially very useful for addicts & non addicts both, but in the case of addicts...a lot of work would need to be done to make this a reasonably safe alternative to the traditional flood. (Oh yeah, using the Bwiti as a reference isn't really valid because as far as I know, not many of them use Iboga to interrupt addictions.)

Offline polytrip

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 02:25:11 PM »
Since i discovered this phenomenon by accident, the method needs to be worked out some more.
To reproduce the experiment, you'd first need to make sure that levels of ibogaine in your blood are simmilar to what they would be shortly after having taken a low-end flooddose, wich would be around 10 grams of rootbark. Taking 1 gram each day for 10 days in a row might do it but maybe you would need a little more and make it 12 days. Then on the next day you'd take 3 grams and the following day you'd take 4 to 5 grams. Those 4 to 5 grams should then have the effect of 10 grams of bark.

For people with very heavy addictions like with many years of opiate usage, first flooding the normal way with 20 grams would be better, since they would need something in that range to stop the withdrawals.
But if they would feel they'd need a SECOND flood, this method could prevent a lot of discomfort.

For people with only mild addictions on the other hand like nicotine, cannabis or an opiate habit that has develloped only fairly recently, who would normally be scared away from ibogaine because of it's heavy physical effects, this may lower the threshold for them to decide to take ibogaine for addiction treatment.

Ibogaine could become a more serious option for many people.

Offline polytrip

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 02:29:56 PM »
BTW, i'm still seeing those tracers when i wake-up in the morning!!