Author Topic: -= Howdy =-  (Read 2920 times)

Offline InConcertWithMonsters

• View Profile
    • In Concert with Monsters
-= Howdy =-
« on: July 03, 2011, 11:14:45 PM »
My name is Maxim. You may call me Max, ' Monsters, or whatever's clever.

I come to you all as a humble seeker of knowledge.

I have never done ibogaine. I have never had a substance addiction. I am both physically & mentally well and have been nearly all my life. I am here by the graces of Calaquendi, and I am here because I wish to be a part of this community and learn the way of iboga.

In May I finished my degree of psychology with a minor in biology, but I think I could be a damn good shaman one day. So that's what I'm doing, and I see ibogaine as the way. I have been reaching out, so please, any information in regards to the process, experience, implications, whatever of being an ibogaine treatment provider do share directly or send me a pm or the contact of someone I should speak to! So far the people I have spoken to are excellent. I've lurked a little and then went through the entire introduction section before posting this to get a sense of the place and it seems to be no exception to my experience thus far so thank you for having me.

More about me:

I am a pale white male from the Midwest. I have a buzzed head and a big beard. I am 22 years old and stand 6 feet 3 inches. I weigh roughly 230 pounds. I have no piercings or tattoos and the only scar I have is on my right wrist from smashing through a glass door when I was young.

I hate asparagus, fabric softener, and recycling.

I am a fan of poetry, video games, art, heavy machinery, independent hip-hop, philosophy, film, and cephalopods.

I almost always enclose threads and/ or titles with "-=  something =-", if that offends anyone I apologize in advance.

Feel free to ask any questions. I look forward to reading more and contributing to this forum.

Bests to all!
-= My Mind Wanders in Concert with Monsters =-

Offline digital_phreedom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: -= Howdy =-
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 12:25:18 AM »
Howdy yourself friend!

First.. Read, read, read..

http://eboka.info/index.php?topic=740.0

http://eboka.info/index.php?topic=45.0

Those are good places to start.. Take a look around here, there's quite a wealth of information.  --> http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ibogaine/ibogaine.shtml  also a lot of good info there.

If you want information from us it would help a lot if you're more specific about what you're seeking exactly.  Much of the usual first-timer questions have been covered here time and time again, so I don't mean to be rude and apologize if it seems that way, but use the search engine, and browse the forum.  Read the journals, and just about anything in the Eboka Talk forum.  When you have specific questions, fire away and there are many people here who would be more than happy to help!

Glad to have you here.. A friend of Cal's is a friend of mine :-D   Also, if you want to talky talk, you can PM me your phone number and a good time to call, and I'll squeeze you in when I can between the two jobs I'm currently working.

(Also, I'm tall, white, and pale in the midwest as well.  Shout out to my homeboys!)

<3
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 02:06:06 AM »
Represent and thank you for the welcome and the gracious talky talk offer-I will surely take you up on that!

I also do not intend to sound rude or insensitive in any way, but you shouldn't have to worry about too much noobery from me. I'm a read first, ask questions later type of guy for the most part. That sweeping yet vague request for information was more of general intentions sort of thing rather than an actual question I was fielding towards the forum. Sorry if I fumbled that, but just the same, if you or anyone else reads that and something comes to mind, fuck it, go ahead and share if you're up for it.

Offline digital_phreedom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 02:24:12 AM »
* digital_phreedom lolz...

right on buddy, got your PM, I'll get at you sometime soon.

much love
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 09:55:31 PM »
Better late than never as they say, a Big welcome to you friend - very pleased to have on board. We'll talk sometime in the very near future - as soon as I am not inundated with nephews tweaked on Mountain Dew. Glad you're here!
" I am you and what I see is me..."

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 10:17:46 AM »
Thanks again, Cal!

I've been in the process of moving and the general madness of life, but things are settling now so I should be able to post more and finally break out of the Introduction and Muse sections. Watch out.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 10:14:52 PM »
Thanks again, Cal!

I've been in the process of moving and the general madness of life, but things are settling now so I should be able to post more and finally break out of the Introduction and Muse sections. Watch out.

That never really happened, I'm sorry.

It's been a bout a year and half since I've come around. I don't have a real reason for why I was gone. My life has been well enough. Though for the time being I have decided not to pursue iboga and shamanism as directly as when I first introduced myself, but these are matters I am still very interested in. I'm quite happy to see that many of you still here!

So howdy once more.