Author Topic: how to prevent the respiratory depression?  (Read 3842 times)

Offline moyshekapoyre

• View Profile
how to prevent the respiratory depression?
« on: July 06, 2011, 12:28:44 PM »
hey guys... just wondering how i can breath easier. i don't hve athsma but even low doses of iboga make it hard to breath, which is the main downside.

i have some herbal tincture from amazon called bronch-ease compound but not sure if it has any bad interactions.

Offline moyshekapoyre

• View Profile
Re: how to prevent the respiratory depression?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 12:41:41 PM »
Well I took the full dose of bronch-ease and it did nothing for me.

Today I micro-dosed again with the RB and again felt that breathing trouble. So I took 300mg of pure theobromine (extracted from cacao--not by me). I think it is helping with the breathing, and it also gives energy... not noticing any negative side effects...

Offline moyshekapoyre

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 01:27:08 PM »
But I should point out that I'm mixing uppers and downers, which is apparently not good for your heart in the long-run, and if they are of sufficient potency, it could be deadly in the short-run (i.e. maybe on a flood dose). But I'm not a doctor yet, so I dunno what a doctor would say.

Offline humility

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 10:32:30 AM »
I had trouble breathing with low doses of IW rootbark. The problem wasn't in my chest, it was like my nose was plugged up. It felt like trying to breath through a straw. It prevented me from doing larger doses of root bark. I could breath through my mouth just fine but I prefer to breath through my nose :)

I did NOT have this problem with the IW TA.

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 09:11:54 PM »
It's possible that some alkaloid in the bark is causing the effect, that isn't pulled through in the TA extraction they use, but I can't be sure.  Perhaps trying some TA to see woud work..  You could attempt a small bark extraction and try a small amount of your own TA to see if it works.
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 11:34:52 PM »
But I should point out that I'm mixing uppers and downers, which is apparently not good for your heart in the long-run, and if they are of sufficient potency, it could be deadly in the short-run (i.e. maybe on a flood dose). But I'm not a doctor yet, so I dunno what a doctor would say.

Jesus man you don't have to be a doctor to know that's dangerous. I can't believe I missed this thread.

If iboga is doing doing you like that, stop taking it. Especially if you are mixing uppers and downers. Come on man, be careful with this stuff. It deserves our respect - and you could end up hurting yourself, which I would hate to see happen.

Lay off everything for a while would be my advice, take it easy and don't guinea pig yourself with any more iboga or even a different form of it if you think it's causing breathing issues.

Do you have any medical conditions bro? What is your general health like?

« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 11:42:52 PM by Calaquendi »
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 11:54:41 PM »
You had similar problems with the root bark too humility?

Has anyone else noticed this effect - from IW's root bark or any other for that matter?
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline DisillusionsDani

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 09:30:07 AM »
Respiratory Depression is a very serious issue! Mixing uppers and downers is a death wish on your heart imho. Please be very careful as it seems you are on a slippery slope. Do you have any anxiety issues?

Anxiety can make you feel like you are not breathing well just a thought if the dosing is low. As Cal said this deserves respect and playing with uppers and downers with this bark is well scary in that I worry for you!

Please be careful and well!
Namaste`~Dani
“Happiness consists in realizing it is all a great strange dream” ~Kerouac

Offline moyshekapoyre

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 11:41:10 PM »
I don't have any health issues that I know about.

To update y'all, the respiratory depression goes away after the second day of iboga. It only happens when I haven't had iboga in a long time and I take it for the first time.

I think next time I will try vaping or drinking some yerba santa as IP suggested in another thread.