Author Topic: "Opiates hide inside casein, the main dairy protein..."  (Read 9584 times)

Offline flowergirl

• View Profile
"Opiates hide inside casein, the main dairy protein..."
« on: July 07, 2011, 04:09:33 AM »
http://danmahony.com/bigfood2.htm

So I guess thats the clue why I cant quit eating milkproducts, even though I really want to...  ??? 

Offline moyshekapoyre

• View Profile
Re: "Opiates hide inside casein, the main dairy protein..."
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 12:39:53 PM »
Yikes! No wonder! So now we gotta quit gluten and dairy too!

Offline Arahantzz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 07:37:58 PM »
this MAY explain why when i drink milk it makes me somewhat constipated(slows things down), i'm also 7 months in from quiting a bad opiate addiction, and while i dont have any symptoms anymore, milk always makes me feel kinda good... but i always figured it was just the fat and protein/lactose(and likely thats what it is).

but still food for thought :D

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 01:20:07 PM »
Ive been on a Gluten/Dairy free diet for about a month now, what a bloody nightmare. Ive processed and purged more stuff than ever before.
For anyone whos intrested, Coffee and Sugar also act similary to these two on the opioid receptors.
Ive only just started cutting them out. Its never ending.  :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 01:23:31 PM by crazylife »

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 03:36:45 PM »
Ive been on a Gluten/Dairy free diet for about a month now, what a bloody nightmare. Ive processed and purged more stuff than ever before.
For anyone whos intrested, Coffee and Sugar also act similary to these two on the opioid receptors.

Ahhh yes.  I am on the other side already and can tell you that it gets much better.  2 years ago my diet consisted of 50% processed crap, a few large cups of coffee a day with tons of sugar and a lot of other junk.  I have been completely off of gluten, sugar and caffeine for about 3 months (extreme, I know), however I slowly worked my way to this point and it was not that bad.  Cutting out one thing at a time helped.  Also, I have found that raw goat milk has less negative effects and is much easier on the system, for me.

I feel much better, more leveled out these days than I did on my old diet.  It seems never ending when trying to get there (to a more optimal diet - paleolithic, GAPS, raw or whatever), but with some patience and perseverance you'll be there before ya know it! Trust me.

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 04:39:56 AM »

Ahhh yes.  I am on the other side already and can tell you that it gets much better.  2 years ago my diet consisted of 50% processed crap, a few large cups of coffee a day with tons of sugar and a lot of other junk.  I have been completely off of gluten, sugar and caffeine for about 3 months (extreme, I know), however I slowly worked my way to this point and it was not that bad.  Cutting out one thing at a time helped.  Also, I have found that raw goat milk has less negative effects and is much easier on the system, for me.

I feel much better, more leveled out these days than I did on my old diet.  It seems never ending when trying to get there (to a more optimal diet - paleolithic, GAPS, raw or whatever), but with some patience and perseverance you'll be there before ya know it! Trust me.

Cheerz for the encouragement.  :) Yep, it sure is hard! Im trying to do it in increments. Currently im limiting myself to a set amount of food per day, for some reason i find that easier. I still eat some processed food - not ideal, but i choose the healthiest type i can find = like a quorn meal, or canned vege curry. I have no cooking skills, so im trying my best until i learn some.
Its mental realising that ive been an addict to food my whole life. Seems like the whole world is, and most dont even realise it.  :o

Offline olio

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 10:41:20 AM »
Wow, reading this makes me happy that I quit dairy, gluten, meat and sugar at a decently young age. It's definitely not been so hard for me. but I've really noticed how addicted people are to these things "ooooohhh meat!"

Offline roy d

• Banzi
  • Just do the best ya can
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 04:04:50 PM »

Howdy folks,

@ CL   Did you go on the diet your self or did a Dr recommend it??

@Light  Why did you go on the diet like did someone tell you like a Dr or is it your idea because you were having problems.  I always thought diarrhea was caused by milk rather than constipation.  Also, when you say your off sugar do you mean all sugar including that in food?  And what about things like soda that have things like HFCS or aspartame or other foods that have MSG which is easily hidden under many names like 'natural flavoring' really, and if you call them they will not tell ya (according to Jeff Rense) what it really is but I doubt if it is really natural.

Glad to hear your both doing better,

Roy

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 06:39:28 PM »
@Light  Why did you go on the diet like did someone tell you like a Dr or is it your idea because you were having problems.  I always thought diarrhea was caused by milk rather than constipation.  Also, when you say your off sugar do you mean all sugar including that in food?  And what about things like soda that have things like HFCS or aspartame or other foods that have MSG which is easily hidden under many names like 'natural flavoring' really, and if you call them they will not tell ya (according to Jeff Rense) what it really is but I doubt if it is really natural.

After I found some spirituality in narcotics anonymous I decided to start taking care of myself.  I had always been addicted to sugar and have 25 or so dental cavities (my amalgams are going bye-bye later this year).  My overall health was shit and I felt like shit much of the time.  A mentor of mine suggested the book Sugar Blues and I thought it was incredible.  It was inspiring and at the same time I started learning a ton about organic foods and naturopathy because my brother and his wife are extreme purists.  It was awareness really that made me decide to change and the fact that I started looking and feeling so much better that motivated me to continue.  I still have a ways to go, however I am content with the fact that I am working on these things.  I would like to give up meat eventually.

I eat organic produce from Earth Fare and/or farmer's markets, nuts and seeds, and meat.  I know what is in everything I eat and sucrose is not, other than the rare piece of dark chocolate; yummy!  I do get lactose from goat milk and fructose from fruits, but aside from that no other sugar.  I haven't had a soda in a loooong time.  Been avoiding HFCS, aspartame and sucralose like the plague for awhile.  I haven't consumed MSGs since I had that damn pack of delicious beef jerkey back around labor day weekend. 

So anyway I gotta say that real food tastes better than I ever could've imagined.  My taste buds are much more alive today.

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 03:49:12 AM »

Howdy folks,

@ CL   Did you go on the diet your self or did a Dr recommend it??

Glad to hear your both doing better,

Roy

Hey Roy,

Nope, it was my own googling, and i was already detoxing with Iodine (Still am). I was wondering why i was having so much difficulty processing memories from trauma (I could tell they was right beneath surface).
My diet was extreme, i used to eat a loaf of bread a day (Gluten) and sometimes 3 cans of rice pudding (Dairy + Sugar) and 7 cups of coffee per day.
Then i learnt that all these have an opiate (Supressing of traumatic memory) effect on the brain.

Heres a couple many articles i read before i started cutting them out.
I also dont use sweetners, and i no longer eat meat or fish either.

Article below:-

============================================================
============================================================

Zombies

Look around you; don't you see many zombies ?

Why do so many people act like zombies nowadays ?

It's not natural, for every specie has to react swiftly upon changes, and needs to explore new opportunities. You might say that humans are mainly 'followers', like it would be true for cattle. But by nature, humans do not live together in large numbers; we're not like cattle. Millions of years ago, humans at the most lived together by the dozens, and not thousands, or even millions. Therefore, lots of us humans should be curious, investigative and explorative.

What makes so many people so apathetic, slow and ignorant ?

Opioid Peptides

Everybody knows that if one uses morphine, one is slow and apathetic. Simply because morphine is an opioid substance.

The only reason why we, and other animals, are sensitive to such substances, is because our body and brain contain receptors for opioid peptides. Why ?

When we have to flee from danger but are wounded, we have to be able to run away anyway. Therefore the body produces opioid peptides to ease the pain, when necessary. These opioid peptides are called endorphins. Marathon-runners know the action of these endorphins as 'runner’s high' ; it enables them to go on even when exhausted. Without the proper receptors, these endorphins (and anesthetics !!) don’t work.

Besides drugs and endorphins, opioid-receptors in the brain are susceptible to some other opioid substances: those that are absorbed through consuming food. This happens because far from all peptides are entirely decomposed into single amino acids in the digestive tract. (1) Also, most opioid peptides are hard to decompose. (2)

But why do some foods contain opioid peptides ?

And what foods ?

Milk

Milk is always, always mother's milk, meant for the suckling. We decided to consider mothers' milk from cows, goats, sheep, camels, or from whatever other animal as food for human beings, but by nature this, of course, it isn't true. Human-like beings have existed for 2 to 3 million years, and man did not start to drink mothers' milk from other animals until at the most 0.01 million years ago. For over 99% of our existence, we did not regard cow's milk as food for human beings.

But why does milk contain opioid peptides ?

From womb to breast milk

The human head is relatively big, and that's why human infants come out to the world too early ; in comparison to other primates gestation length should be 21 months instead of 9. But by then the baby's head would be far too big to pass the pelvis. That's why human infants actually aren't ready for the outside world; they can't even walk !!

Suckling is a compensation for being born too early. Through mother’s milk the baby receives all kind of messenger-substances. These messenger-substances stimulate development and functioning of different organs, including the brain. (see this site) Therefore, children that have been nursed are generally smarter than those that haven't. (see this site) And because mother’s milk is that important, it contains substances that have to make sure the baby wants to drink lots of milk all the time ;

Opioid peptides in Milk

Besides a non-opioid peptide stimulating appetite (3), milk by nature contains different opioid peptides, hidden in milk-proteins such as caseïn, lactalbumin, beta-lactaglobulin and lactoferrin.

Milk-opioid peptides are : beta-casomorphins (4) , alpha-caseïn exorphins, casoxins, beta-casorphins, alpha-lactorphins, beta-lactorphins and lactaferroxins. (5)

Absorption

After having consumed a milk-product, it is digested in the digestive tract. Milk-proteins are decomposed by enzymes into normal peptides, opioid peptides and amino acids. To make sure the baby absorbs as much complete opioid peptides and growth factors, milk also contains substances (lactose, substance P) enhancing permeability of the intestinal mucus. (6) And to prevent the decomposition of the peptides, these peptides are relatively indigestible. (7)

These opioid peptides cause physical dependence in the young, to make sure it wants to drink lots of mother’s milk. Also, it makes the young sleep enough. (8) Of course, these opioids can also cause constipation. (9)

Unfortunately, adult milk-consumers also absorb those opioid peptides.

Because food-manufacturers want us to be physically dependent to the food they sell, you can find milk- and wheat-proteins in lots of different food-products. Even some meat-products contain milk- and / or wheat-proteins.

Wheat

Plants use different tactics to scare off attackers. Some plants contain poison, others just anaesthetize their attackers, like wheat does with opioid peptides.

Because wheat contains opioid peptides, priests in ancient Egypt used wheat to hallucinate, and in bandages, to ease the pain of a wound. All wheat-products, like bread, pasta, pizza, cookies, cake and pastries contain opioid peptides. The roman rulers already new that the people wouldn't rise against them as long as they were entertained and fed bread.

Opioid peptides in wheat-products

One single wheat-gluten protein-molecule contains 15 samples of one particular opioid peptide. (10) Wheat-gluten also contains a number of extremely powerful opioid peptides (11). Some of these molecules are even 100 times more powerful than a morphine-molecule. (12)

Opioid peptides in wheat-gluten are ;

Glycine-Tyrosine-Tyrosine-Proline (11)

Tyrosine-Glycine-Glycine-Tryptophane (11)

Tyrosine-Proline-Isoleucine-Serine-Leucine (11)

Tyrosine-Glycine-Glycine-Tryptophane-Leucine (13) ,which is the most powerful one.

Tyrosine-Glycine-Glycine- is also the sequence of the first three amino acids in endorphins ; opioid peptides produced by the body, influencing the same receptors in the brain.

Therefore, wheat-opioid peptides can 'sedate' the bowels so much that constipation is caused. (13) Because some wheat-opioids are extremely powerful, some schizophrenics can even be cured by not eating any wheat-products anymore. (14)

To compensate the analgesic effect of the opioid peptides, wheat-products very often contain rosemarin-extract, which is a powerful 'upper'.

=============================================
=============================================

Article 2.

Food addictions are not strictly "psychological" problems, but have a hard-wired, organic component.  Many of the most commonly consumed foods in Western culture actually contain narcotic properties associated with the presence of psychoactive chemicals that bind to opioid receptors in the nervous system.  These peptides are so powerful that researchers block their action with drugs such as naltrexone which is used to treat addiction among heroin abusers, and naloxone which is used to prevent death from heroin overdose.

These "food opiates" are heavily concentrated in wheat and dairy products, especially cow’s milk. Wheat contains the following opioid peptides, known as gluten exorphins, alongside which are listed their amino acid structure:
•Gluten exorphin A5: H-Gly-Tyr-Tyr-Pro-Thr-OH
•Gluten exorphin B4: H-Tyr-Gly-Gly-Trp-OH
•Gluten exorphin B5: H-Tyr-Gly-Gly-Trp-Leu-OH
•Gluten exorphin C: H-Tyr-Pro-Ile-Ser-Leu-OH
•Gliadorphin: Tyr-Pro-Gln-Pro-Gln-Pro-Phe

Cow's milk, depending on the milk variety (A1 or A2), contain a variety of combinations of the following casomorphin peptides:
•?-casomorphin 1-3: H-Tyr-Pro-Phe-OH
•Bovine ?-casomorphin 1-4: H-Tyr-Pro-Phe-Pro-OH
•Bovine ?-casomorphin 1-4, amide: H-Tyr-Pro-Phe-Pro-NH2
•Bovine ?-casomorphin 5: H-Tyr-Pro-Phe-Pro-Gly-OH
•Bovine ?-casomorphin 7: H-Tyr-Pro-Phe-Pro-Gly-Pro-Ile-OH
•Bovine ?-casomorphin 8: H-Tyr-Pro-Phe-Pro-Gly-Pro-Ile-Pro-OH

It can be argued that many of the most popular foods consumed in Western culture are done so notprimarily for their nutritive value but rather for their addictive properties. Some of these foods we become truly infatuated with and are identified as "comfort foods," that are "to die for," or that we "love."

Food opiates are widely distributed throughout our diet, and are found in many unsuspecting places.  Fructose, which is fast becoming the primary source of calories in the American diet, while not itself an opioid peptide, is known to increase brain levels of endogenous morphine following ingestion,[1][2]and may produce metabolic products in the brain very similar to those produced by morphine.[3]  In fact, it has been identified to stimulate a "hedonic pathway" in the brain, not unlike alcohol, which incidentally is metabolized along the same liver pathways.[4] Fructose, in isolated or concentrated form, is highly toxic and have been linked to over 70 health conditions.
 Some other common food opiates include •Spinach: popular leafy green contains two opioid peptides named rubiscolins-5 and -6.[5][6]
•Coffee: the oil known as cafestrol which is found in both decaffeinated and caffeinated coffee contains potent morphine-like activity.[7] Many of coffee’s effects therefore may be mediated via opiate receptors, as well as the effects of caffeine. [8]
•Rice protein: rice albumin may have opioid properties, depending on how thoroughly it is digested; incomplete digestion may increase the likelihood of there being a pharmacologically active effect.
•Meat and Fish Protein: when complex animal proteins are enzymatically degraded some exhibit opiate-like properties. Some of these "biogenic peptides" as they are known have been investigated for their potential role in the treatment and prevention of hypertension.[9]
•Chocolate: One of the well-known mechanisms behind cocoa’s cardioprotective activity is the ability of epicatechin to act via opioid receptors, specifically through the ?-opioid receptor, to produce cardiac protection from injury associated with low oxygen.[10]  Animal feeding studies also show that the opiate-blocking drug naloxone reduces chocolate cravings, suggesting that some of chocolate’s desirable qualities may be related to theiropiate activity in the nervous system.[11]
•Sugar: As mentioned above fructose has opiate-like properties, but so does sucrose (table sugar) and glucose. Since starch as found in "complex carbohydrates" is hidden sugar and often technically higher on the glycemic index than actual sugar (e.g. puffed rice makes the blood sweeter than white sugar), even grains may elicit addictive behaviors through the modulation of opioid pathways in the brain.

While many of our most commonly consumed foods and beverages contain food opiates, our original infatuation with opiate peptides actually begins at birth, as is nature’s inherently intelligent design. Being born into the world an extremely underdeveloped mammal (i.e. compared to horses we take years longer to gain independence),* the biological imperative is for there to be a strong bond between mother and offspring consummated in the act of breastfeeding.

Breast milk, therefore, contains actual morphine. This is to ensure that a very close bond forms and that the offspring will seek out and obtain nourishment by garnishing physical dependency.

The fact that our first food -- breast milk -- contains opiates and that the biosynthetic pathway for morphine exist in tissues such as the liver, blood and brain, indicate that our species was destined to be drawn to substances that either mimic the action of opiates, or modulate their secretion and/or activity within our bodies.[12]

Ultimately, many food opiates are consumed in order to self-medicate. Coffee, for instance, has profound psychoactive properties that cannot be reduced to its caffeine content alone. The opiate-like property of coffee explains why it may relax and/or reduce stress in certain people, raising the threshold of anxiety or aggression in a way quite opposite to what would be expected from the effects of caffeine alone.

This effect may be maintained as long as coffee is administered continuously, like any other pharmacologically drug. However, if suddenly withdrawn, some experience symptoms identical to those associated with withdrawal from opiate drugs.

In addition, many food opiates, such as are found in wheat and cow’s milk products, entice us to consume foods that are intrinsically unhealthy. Wheat, for instance, has been linked to over 160 health conditions, and cow’s milk is known to be a risk factor for type 1 diabetes. But both are consumed globally in the billions of pounds and lauded as "health foods" by the unsuspecting masses unaware of the addictive hold they may have on them. The Dark Side of Wheat and cow's milk is rarely acknowledged, though the role of food opiates may shed some much needed light on the topic.

The point is that food is not just a "fuel" for the body, as classically defined through nutritional reductionism. It has profound genoregulatory and neuroendocrine modulating properties. One of the best ways to ascertain whether food opiates are affecting your health is to embark on an elimination diet. Sometimes following a gluten or cow's milk free diet, the physiological shackles are thrown off, and it is possible to experience renewed health and vitality.

Many seemingly unrelated health conditions may improve and/or go into remission. When the food is reintroduced months later, it is far easier to feel its true effects on the body -- adverse effects that were always there, but due to their chronic consumption were considered normal.

*an interesting fact of evolutionary biology is that our head size has grown so large in proportion to our hip size that we must be born with a relatively underdeveloped body in order to make it through the birth canal.  This ensures that a great proportion of our development must occur outside of the womb, making our dependence on milk much more intense.

For the same reason that human breast milk contains morphine, the casomorphins in cow's milk are intended to sedate/placate/anesthetize calves born into the wild. Is it any surprise that humans (whose poignantly aware brains contain as many neurons as stars in our galaxy!) are the only mammals who never stop weaning themselves from this narcotic elixir? Perhaps we dope and dumb ourselves down with these opiate peptides in order not to go insane from the poignant awareness that such a huge brain generates.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 03:54:23 AM by crazylife »

Iboga Panacea

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 06:53:23 AM »
Wonderful work Crazylife and Lightswitchedon.  I was gluten free for 2 years when I was a raw foodist and never felt more energized and light bodied.  I am presently going gluten free with some cooked foods.

When I heard these interviews I couldn't fool myself any longer...

http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/2012/04/RIR-120429.php

Several on Gnostic Media as well.

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2012/04/wheat-is-an-opiate/

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 01:26:12 PM »
Wonderful work Crazylife and Lightswitchedon.  I was gluten free for 2 years when I was a raw foodist and never felt more energized and light bodied.  I am presently going gluten free with some cooked foods.

When I heard these interviews I couldn't fool myself any longer...

http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/2012/04/RIR-120429.php

Several on Gnostic Media as well.

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2012/04/wheat-is-an-opiate/

Cool links KP, ive sent them to a couple of people who still dont believe me when i talk of the evils of wheat.     :)
This is not an easy journey, but i believe its the right one.

Offline lightswitchedon

• Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 11:52:23 PM »
So would one be better off cutting out all food sources containing opioid peptides?  If we are consuming them from the day we are born and they are found in a wide array of edibles, then it seems likely that they are alright/acceptable to some degree.  We also have endogenous ones.  Opioid peptides are also found in Kambo.

I think the real problem is the gross over consumption of these peptides since most of the items on the list above are staples in the western diet; public enemy #1 being gluten.

I had cut (bovine) milk out for about 6 months and recently introduced goat's milk.  I do notice that I crave it a little, but can easily go without and do much of the time.  Gluten is another story.  Cutting that out was a tough week.  I used to love me some pasta every day.

Offline crazylife

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 05:39:13 AM »
So would one be better off cutting out all food sources containing opioid peptides?  If we are consuming them from the day we are born and they are found in a wide array of edibles, then it seems likely that they are alright/acceptable to some degree.  We also have endogenous ones.  Opioid peptides are also found in Kambo.

I think the real problem is the gross over consumption of these peptides since most of the items on the list above are staples in the western diet; public enemy #1 being gluten.

I had cut (bovine) milk out for about 6 months and recently introduced goat's milk.  I do notice that I crave it a little, but can easily go without and do much of the time.  Gluten is another story.  Cutting that out was a tough week.  I used to love me some pasta every day.

I wouldnt think its essential to totally cut them out unless your body had sensitivitys towards either. Ive replaced Dairy yoghurt with Soya (And milk, altho i drink very little of that), and i know theres plenty of folk saying Soya is evil also.
 :-\

Offline rez_runner

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2013, 04:11:46 PM »
After switching from milk to almond milk I haven't gone back.  The last time I put milk in my cereal it tasted awful imo compared to almond milk.  And after reading about how cows milk really isn't good for you at all I've cut it out completely.  Don't miss it either