Author Topic: I'm dangerous with love ( new documentary about iboga)  (Read 5574 times)

Offline Roger

• View Profile
I'm dangerous with love ( new documentary about iboga)
« on: July 02, 2011, 05:58:21 PM »
Check it out a  new documentary on the iboga. I haven't seen it, but the trailer looks really good!!! Enjoy
http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3298465817/
love en light! Roger
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 06:34:14 PM by Roger »
Father help me I want to live.

Offline harveyplex

• a bizzy buzzing bee
    • View Profile
Re: I'm dangerous with love ( new documentary about iboga)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 09:23:21 PM »
Dimitri is the man !!!
another hero of mine .
lets save lives .
much love and respect for that fella .

- harvey plex

ps. you can get it via netflix too .
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 09:40:37 AM by harveyplex »

Offline digital_phreedom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 12:07:01 AM »
I've been wanting to see that for awhile now.. But my broke ass can't find a working torrent anywhere.  If I had the money to spare, I would certainly buy it.. But it's not an instant choice on netflix, and I have no extra money :-\   
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Offline InConcertWithMonsters

• View Profile
    • In Concert with Monsters
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 02:21:25 AM »
I have heard wonderful things about Dimitri, but not so wonderful things about this documentary. Still I'll have to see and decide for myself. I'm surprised no one on here has seen it.
-= My Mind Wanders in Concert with Monsters =-

Offline digital_phreedom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 02:24:58 AM »
I guess everyone else here pirates too.. Like I said.. If there was a working torrent, I would have seen it months ago

Offline skinny

• Banzi
    • View Profile
    • Church of Reality
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 02:35:22 PM »
I have heard wonderful things about Dimitri, but not so wonderful things about this documentary. Still I'll have to see and decide for myself. I'm surprised no one on here has seen it.

I've heard wonderful things of the documentary, but not so wonderful things of Dimitri.

Please check this thread: Dimitri busted in Seattle

I believe Dimitri abused his powers as a "shaman" using iboga to further his fame.  Latest word is that that the Feds charged him after his Seattle bust.  I have personally spoken to the filmmaker Negoponte a couple months ago.  I support his project for the sake of ibogaine awareness, not necessarily the actions of Dimitri.

I hope Dimitri can take all of this as constructive criticism.  Remember that even Howard Lotsof endured prison time for daring to suggest iboga can 'cure' addictions.

skinny

your Ctrl-V whore brought to you by Clipmate

Choose Reality:  http://www.churchofreality.org

Offline skinny

• Banzi
    • View Profile
    • Church of Reality
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 03:13:03 PM »
P.S.

A couple of the links got taken down, but catch this if you can:

The Amazing Spirit Molecule-DMT (Part 1 of 10)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXNeb60ODG0

skinny

Offline digital_phreedom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 04:25:46 PM »
When Dimitri got busted all the haters came out of the woodwork.. There was some serious shit that started up here because people that had 'heard' things about him started sharing stories and putting him down..

I've spoken to him before on the phone, and he seemed like an amazing person to me.. But personally, I don't know him, so I have no opinion regarding all this hubub about him.

I do, however, supremely respect the fact that he's putting his lifestyle and freedom on the line to further the cause of Iboga and help addicts save their lives.  This however, is only my opinion.

Offline skinny

• Banzi
    • View Profile
    • Church of Reality
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 05:34:21 PM »
Well I have met Dimitri twice.  Recently in a screening of Charles Shaw's project The Exile Nation - which is about the Drug War. 

Dimitri, Michel Negroponte, Daniel Pinchbeck were in attendance. 

I enjoyed the documentary as it told personal stories even Dimitri's, but there was no practical solution to the problems presented.

In fact during the Q&A, I asked the panel whether they supported a Legalization (government regulation through taxation, social services) or Decriminalization (government stay completely out of it), I wasn't taken seriously. 

I mentioned Ron Paul since he's been against the Drug War since the 80s and the CIA involvement and that drew even more scorn, so I was a bit put off at my dismissal of my point that I was trying to get across.

I tried to talk to D after the event - he agreed about a place for criticism - but shortly after I was attacked (physically threatened) by Charles Shaw on FB and Unfriended.

Anyways I'm not hating on any of those fellows, but it is important to bring up Integrity in Shamanic Practices.  Which is what I was trying to do.

The Ibogaine Underground had it's fights - Lotsof vs. Deborah Mash,  Ibo providers ripping people off,  Dana Beal allegedly stiffing Sara Glatt...all that is public information...

I was merely trying to let D know that Ibogaine is not about HIM.  He was trying to get all the attention, glory whatever on himself...well look what it brought him.

According to Negroponte, there may have been foul play from someone D previously treated which led the Feds to bust him.

Yes I do acknowledge that D was doing some amazing work, but remember he was a junkie for 30+ years and one doesn't become a shaman overnight.

Actually everyone has shaman potential - and this board is evidence of that - we all can administer ibogaine on ourselves and use the community to guide us.

To me this is more effective to do unless someone needs special care which would make sense for someone to charge $2000 or more for caretaking.

But to date, I haven't heard anything about Dimitri's charges.  I'm on the both the FB Closed Group Ibogaine Survivor's Club and Open Group I'm Dangerous with Love and still no 'news' of what's up.

But if anyone has a torrent link or can upload on a web streaming site, that would be swell.  ;)

skinny