Author Topic: Lets try this again-  (Read 3593 times)

Offline MR T

• Help
    • View Profile
Lets try this again-
« on: April 02, 2010, 07:13:46 AM »
   Hey guys
  I wanted to re introduce myself,but this time as someone who has seen his inner opiate demons and is now scared to death of them--I have been gone for a while off on a hayride of opiates and crystal meth analogs for the last 2 years--It s funny how time will dictate our destinies no matter if were ready or not
Once again I come seeking support and help for I have reached the bottom of the hourglass and seen the gates of hell-I am a 34 yr old male-very exp in hallucinogens ,mostly chemical,and hopelessly addicted to poppy pods-I currently am on about 6g a day-I am in the process of weaning but my mind is not cooperating as my addiction is in full.I just wanted to give a summary of where I m at,I look forward for any help... or input into my addiction--thank you-
Happiness is rooted in misery.
Misery lurks beneath happiness,
who knows what the future holds.
LaoTsu-

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
  • Uncle Sam wants you to be a Shaman!!
    • View Profile
Re: Lets try this again-
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 12:11:11 PM »
Welcome, and good luck.  I just beat an addiction to pods with iboga.  March 2nd was the day I did the ibo, and I am already feeling back to normal.  Was pretty much a cakewalk compared to any other method of kicking.  Let me know if I can help ya out with any info, or anything.  Glad you made it here!
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline goatboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 02:21:06 PM »
Pods hey??  I have never seen pods nor the use of them at all.  And I have seen a LOT of different ways to help addicts maintain.  Actually kind of interesting.

Anyways...I am in a similar position as you (as far as opiate addiction goes) but I too am ready to stop.  It really sucks right now, but I feel just knowing/thinking I'll be in a better place/state of mind in a matter of time helps a lot.  But there is a way.  Like I always believe, if you pursue something with enough passion, you WILL receive.  And Iboga could be easier to obtain than many of the opiates we have gone out on a huge limb for....Good luck on your journey and I hope for the best.

Rise, Run, Feed, Ripen, Wound, Wither, Fall, Rise Again...

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 04:41:54 PM »
You can order poppy pods for flower arrangements from various internet vendors.  They cost around a dollar per jumbo pod, maybe a $1.25, usually, and can be made into coffee or tea and drank once a day to maintain.  Very controllable, and once daily dosing makes it very easy to maintain and function without being high, really..  You feel it, but it's less euphoric than pills, so you don't feel sick, but you don't feel high really.  I could eat normal, sleep normal, use the bathroom regularly, and function fine on pods. 

My problem was that without them, I would get sick, which sucks, and I had beat methadone before.  I only started back on pain meds for a broken collar bone.  By the time it healed, I had a habit, but I knew I could beat it again.  Took two tries, because on my first try I didn't get enough iboga in or keep it down for long enough.  Second time worked and I feel good now, again!
GratefulDad

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Offline MR T

• Help
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 09:07:26 PM »
Hey everone
(GD)thanks for the support-You were pretty much spot on about the pods.I just wanted to check in and say hi,it s Easter and I have to run,but I will check in soon with some details.. ::)

LaoTsu-

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 09:45:27 PM »
Hey T, good to have you back!  Here's a little something from the Immortal Sage, Lao Tzu, that I hope you enjoy:

He who knows men is clever;
He who knows himself has insight.
He who conquers men has force;
He who conquers himself is truly strong.

He who knows when he has enough is rich,
And he who adheres to the path of Tao
     is a man of steadfast purpose.
He who stays where he has found his true home
     endures long,
And he who dies but perishes not
     enjoys real longevity.

May the Tao be with you, young Skywalker!    ;)

~eon

(From the John C. H. Wu Translation, Verse 33)

Offline MR T

• Help
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 06:14:29 PM »
Its great to be back with real intentions ;) I really appreciate everyone taking the time to help.
 Well said Eon,Star Wars and Lao tsu have been the greatest teachers I have known,I m glad someone else seems to agree 8)Wow Grtfldead-I just had a chance to re read your first post.What was your final dose b4 you jumped off the pods.I m currently at 6g a day.I have been grinding and eating as I find it is more powerful than the tea and lasts about 20-hrs.Sadly I hear the detox is rougher when eaten?as opposed to the tea.My problem is that I function very well on opiates, :-\and my mental addiction is through the roOOF,knowing thier AVAILABLE but I dont want to be a slave to anything anymore.....enter IBOGA--I have been researching phenethylamines and now 4-aco-dmt,in hopes of reseting and coming to terms with my 13 yr opiate habit plus a cheaper fprm of therapy----There just not strong enough to penetrate my inner walls,I ve come close but something is missing??I m sure you can understand as I m sure you ve done lsd,I hear iboga is different,and all my research also says it--Will check back in a little,thanks for listening---

The brighter the picture,the darker the negative
LaoTsu-

Offline Calaquendi

• cosmic elf
  • Donating Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 07:35:09 PM »
It's good to see you back around MR T!
" I am you and what I see is me..."

Offline Eon T McKnight

• Banzi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 08:16:17 PM »
Hey T!

Glad you liked the Lao Tzu quote.  He's my main man, along with Chuang Tzu.  Here's a bit more Taoist wisdom you might enjoy:

http://eboka.pkeffect.com/index.php?topic=36.msg737#msg737

I've been dropping little bits of Taoist thought around the Forum like rabbit turds, hoping someone will find them interesting...

Though the Star Wars reference was just something that popped into my emaciated brain, I do find many similarities between the Star Wars mythos and Taoism.  Master Yoda is surely modeled upon a Taoist sage, IMHO.

Wishing you

Peace, Love and Voidosity!

et

Offline GratefulDad

• Dead Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 11:07:45 AM »
For me, I reduced my pods all the way down to about 3g a day at one point.  It helps to be as low as you can stand, but 6 grams is probably about the weight of one jumbo pod without the seeds.  This is definitely low enough to go forward with iboga.  I understand the feeling of wanting to put it off when you can find a cheap way to manage your addiction.  For me, I put it off for a good while.  Just wasn't ready to go through it.  But as the days wore on and I reduced even more, I started feeling kind of down.  The opiates are an anti-depressant, in a lot of ways.  But rather than boosting my pod dose so I felt good, I finally decided, I wanted to be free.  I like to jump on the road and follow the current incarnation of the dead, and lugging around poppy pods all summer, and lining up where I could receive my package when I got low, just seemed to be too much hassle.  Festival season is now upon us, and I wanted to be free and ready.  Take your time, and be sure, because that is how you will be free.  You really have to be tired of dosing daily.  You have to want to wake up not sick everyday.  When you really are sick of the opiate roller coaster, iboga can help make it a reality..
GratefulDad